• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Cryptarium

Mark Webb said:
I dont mind at all and thanks for the compliment. The tall plant is Cryptocoryne Balansae.

I started with the following:

2 beckettii petchii
8 Parva
5 balansae
4 wendtii green
2 wendtii tropica
3 undulata broad leaves
3 willisii
3 Mi Oya
2 wendtii brown.

Good luck with yours

Great stuff, thats a quite a shopping list!

My tank is 110L so fortunatley I'll not need as many as you. One more question if you don't mind, could you tell me where you got them from please?

wordy said:
Great stuff, thats a quite a shopping list!

My tank is 110L so fortunatley I'll not need as many as you. One more question if you don't mind, could you tell me where you got them from please?

Tropica Plants purchased from The Green Machine - excellent quality :thumbup:

Hi Matt, its looking very similar to the June shot except the C. Balansae has spread. Reached a plateau now. I will post a shot.

Thanks George. Looking at that makes me realize that the tank now badly needs a rescape. Now overwhelmed by the Balansae. The plants lower down have now thinned considerable which I guess is due to the reduced light caused by the Balansae.

I've noticed that Balansae has no respect for a scape! It will show no remorse, popping up runners a couple of feet away from the mother plant :rolleyes:

1115172238_buVhJ-XL-1.jpg

Time for an update. The tank is now overwhelmed by the C. Balansae and as you can see its looking wild. I dont want to trim any out as I am planning to add it to my large tank when I eventually get it up and running, so for now its a Balansae growing on tank. This is now blocking out a fair amount of light and the lower plants have suffered as a result. The plants have thinned quite a bit and its now possible to see through in most areas and growth is spindley, whereas until the Balansae took hold the growth was dense and lush all across the bottom. I started EI four months ago but the tank is looking worse since then.

I will do a rescape when I get around to it and certainly do another Crypt only tank but this time using lower growing plants in the hope that I can continue with it for a longer period......well maybe :lol:

Back