• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Crypt's Place.

Hi,
Nothing special to say, just a pic of my tank after 6 weeks of being set up....

8a672be1.jpg

Regards,

Joe Faria.

Denis C. said:
Looks great. How has the LDA25 settled in?

Hi,

LDA25 they're perfect... the right tankmates for smaller aquaria. I believe I saw them for the first time,was in a shop near my place in Cornwall. Hopefully, next week I will have my boraras brigittae swimming around in the tank.

Still waiting for crypt albida var. Red to add/ plant...

I got some trimming to do, or not... when I set up this tank, I was thinking on the kind of low maintenance.

Cheers,
Jose Faria.

PS: I used to live in Cornwall, but last September I returned to Portugal. How i regret that decision...
[/i]

Ola. Bem Dia.

Your tank is very nice and I love Lda25 (I have 4)

You will find however that they only clean up (algae) by accident when they are munching on bogwood which is their favourite snack. They will however 'hoover' up all the left over food items and clean the glass along with the Otos.

Nice greens in the tank and a nice simple structure. Being from Portugal do you like Philipe Oliveira's scapes? There seem to be quite a few decent aquascapers from Portugal (not including my wife who wants blue gravel and bubble ornaments)

Xiao amigo

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
Ola. Bem Dia.

Your tank is very nice and I love Lad25 (I have 4)

You will find however that they only clean up (algae) by accident when they are munching on bogwood which is their favourite snack. They will however 'hoover' up all the left over food items and clean the glass along with the Otos.

Nice greens in the tank and a nice simple structure. Being from Portugal do you like Philipe Oliveira's scapes? There seem to be quite a few decent aquascapers from Portugal (not including my wife who wants blue gravel and bubble ornaments)

Xiao amigo

Andy

Hi,
Filipe Oliveira, belongs to the top of aquascapers in Portugal... we got a few ones, and this part of the hobby it's evolving quite fast... the bad news, LFS, still insists in stocking and selling stuff unsuitable for planted aquaria.

Regards,

Jose Faria.

Hi,
Small update... 2 months nearly gone, and cryp albida had been had to the tank.
Here's the pic
bd9506c5.jpg

Comments are welcomed,

Cheers,

Joe Faria.

Its looking great Joe, the mosses are starting to fill in really well.
I like the red cherries, I just ordered 20 today for a pound each so not bad, they arrive tomorrow :)
Keep is updated with photos ;) great work

Did you get the cherries from the woman on tff? I got mine from there too if so, they're really high quality!

Hi,
It's been a while I'm not updating this thread.

Last weekend this tank suffered a small disaster... all due to really bad weather in Portugal :arghh:
Due to a powercut my HOB filter broke down, the temperature drop to 18 ºC or 64.4 ºF, a huge rise of amonia levels (arrived home from work, and noticed no electric power for at least 6h), and lost 2 LDA's25 (pitbull plec).

During this week, I've managed to get a new filter... and life goes on :D

Here's the pic
cd23bde8.jpg

and shrimp pics
b2564447.jpg

39ebc258.jpg

Regards,

Joe Faria.

Sorry about your losses :(

Fantastic looking tank though Joe, beautiful, fantastic shots of the shrimps too, look very healthy :D

JOHNNY

That's such a shame about the loses, the tank looks really lush though.

aaronnorth said:
Aazing tank, were the shrimp ok through the ammonia rise?
They gone through the ammonia rise without problems...

Themuleous said:
very nice :) my only comment would be the single central round leaf, anubias? Looks out of place and messes with the illusion of size, IHMO :) dont think it adds anything to the scape either.

Sam
Thanks for the comment... but it was only a pic to show, how the tank was after the weekend ;)

Regards,
Joe Faria.

Back