• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Cube

aaronnorth said:
HC & P.Helferi are doing great, not sure about the vallis there though

The hemianthus is in recovery mode at the mo but seems to be doing ok.
The Vallis like plant (cyperus helferi) is there to hide the unsighlty knot at the end of that peice of wood. I hope to replace it with a group of stems soon, poss pogostemon stellata.

A little update ...

The changes seem to have paid off. Things are looking much healthier now, cant believe The HC recovered from the algae issue the way it has.

DSC04387.jpg

Algae is now non existent. These pics were taken after a week away from home (no algae wiping required :) )
DSC04384.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

before I went away I changed 50% but when I changed my diffuser for a clean one from a bleach dip the bleach leached into the tank in a mist and I thought Id probobly done some real damage, I took it out quick and changed 25 % AGAIN! (pure RO) straight after a 50% change. Seems it worked wonders! The water change has bought the KH down and hey presto the plants are finally pearling.

Hi Planter,this is one really nice nano setup the hc looks really healthy well done ,regards john.

john starkey said:
Hi Planter,this is one really nice nano setup the hc looks really healthy well done ,regards john.

Thanks John,

Its been hard work from the start this one but its starting to come good now. Got to be honest im Not sure If I would use Eco complete again due to the KH issues. I know long term it has proven itself time and time again but Ive had better results early on in tanks using other substrates.

My LFS is getting a large delivery of Mini Landscape rocks and dragon stone :D next week so I may look at changing the hard scape. I also want to tie up some moss to the wood, I think this will ad a nice contrasting dark green as well as breaking up the wood a little. I would like to try Fissidens, does any one have any expierience tying it?

Stunning tank, I love it :D

Fissendens is nice and easy to tie to wood, I had a tiny portion from Malaysia at he beginning of the year about a postage stamp size, tied it with a couple of pieces of cotton, now covers the entire piece 8)

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
Stunning tank, I love it :D

Fissendens is nice and easy to tie to wood, I had a tiny portion from Malaysia at he beginning of the year about a postage stamp size, tied it with a couple of pieces of cotton, now covers the entire piece 8)

JOHNNY

Cheers Johnny,

whenever ive tied moss or riccia ive been quite brutal and not worried about crushing the plant, I thought the Fissidens looked a little fragile. Can I tie it in the usual fashion?

Looks that way doesn't it :D I was pretty brutal with it but it has taken off very well, painfully slow grower for me though and yes, just tie as you would any moss

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
Looks that way doesn't it :D I was pretty brutal with it but it has taken off very well, painfully slow grower for me though and yes, just tie as you would any moss
JOHNNY
I have kept riccia before and when I last had it, dwarf riccia it grew pretty fast, but I got rid of it from previous scape, recently obtained some more dwarf riccia, this time is grows very very very slow in comparrison, are there different types?

Hi Planter, i have just tied some fissedens moss last sunday with green fishing line and it is doing really well all ready, on another note TGM have some rare mosses coming in on the 18th of june if you are after something different,regards john.

john starkey said:
Hi Planter, i have just tied some fissedens moss last sunday with green fishing line and it is doing really well all ready, on another note TGM have some rare mosses coming in on the 18th of june if you are after something different,regards john.

thats encouraging, Ill have to get some on order with my LFS. I had a look at the TGM moss post. Im very lucky My LFS has these rare :? mosses delivered almost every other week!!

Cheers guys

planter said:
john starkey said:

thats encouraging, Ill have to get some on order with my LFS. I had a look at the TGM moss post. Im very lucky My LFS has these rare :? mosses delivered almost every other week!!

Cheers guys

Hi Planter,out of interest who is your local lfs,regards john.

Hi Planter,thats interesting my local blooms garden centre aquatics has just been taken over by maidenhead aquatics i must pop in and see if they can get some mosses in cheers,regards john.

Back