• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Eternal City.

Dave Spencer

Just got back from Rome where it was either bright sunshine or storms. And yes, the sensor on my camera needs cleaning. :oops:

Ponte St Angelo.
ROM014ps.jpg

The basillica of St Peter in the distance.
ROM055ps.jpg

The Trevi Fountain. I couldn`t quite get the white balance right on this one, as I remember the scene having a distinct green tinge to it. Maybe I should start shooting in RAW.
ROM099ps.jpg

I`m not quite sure whether this one works for me, so it would be interesting to hear what people think.
ROM103ps.jpg

Arco di Constantino.
ROM161pscrop.jpg

The Flavian Amphitheatre (Colosseum) and Arco di Tito.
ROM202ps.jpg

A brewing storm taken from the Janiculum.
ROM216psu.jpg

Regards, Dave.

Nice photo's Dave, a wll earned break im sure ;)
I poticulaly like the picture Arco di Constantino. I love the fact that theres is a pigion in the forground, makes it quite funny and gives interest.The onlu shame is the sky, but some editing could change that, really funny picture.
Thanks for shearing. How bout Brasanlona?? A must visit for me, one day,when i get a life! lol

Cheers.

Thanks again chaps.

I like the pigeon too, Graeme. That photo would have had some serious cropping if it weren`t for the pigeon adding a little interest.

Here is a picture of a street performer I particularly like.
ROM020pscrop.jpg

Dave.

Yeah, nice place Rome.

I couldn't believe when I saw the Coloseum that a main road was built about 20 feet from it! Fantastic mozaics in the Basilica that look like paintings even from 5 feet away.

Cheers everyone.

Dan Crawford said:
Loving the pics Dave. It seems like a fascinating place Rome.

Dan, Rome looks great through the bottom of a wine glass. ;)

Dave.

Back