• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Joris

Hi Guys! Just started an account here after a long time of lurking around. I want to contribute to the forum by sharing my second aquascape journey.

Most recent update:
DE83346F-EB3C-4B6F-BF78-9062F901937A.jpeg

In july this year I started with my first ‘aquascape’. It was a 30 liter cube with some easy plants and it currently looks like this.

2E49E3CA-E220-433D-8E4F-70C746E4DB4D.jpeg

However, I wanted to go bigger. After getting the approval from the girlfriend, I decided to buy the 60 liter cube (really love the design of the Dennerle cubes).

Started:
27/12/2017

Tank:
Dennerle Nano Cube 60 liter (38x38x43)

Lights:
Superfish Qube 40 (is this good enough for 60 liter?)

Filter:
1x Eheim Pickup 60

Filter Media:
Filter wool and lavarocks

Other Equipment:
Dennerle Nano heater

Hardscape:
Seiryu rocks
Spiderwood
Riversand
Lavarocks

Substrate:
ADA Aquasoil Amazónia

Ferts:
ADA

Plants:
2x Cryptocoryne Parva
2x Anubias nana petite
2x Anubias nana
2x Cryptocoryne Lucens
2x Microsorum Pteropus petit
2x Microsorum Trident
3x Bucephalandra sp. Sekada
3x Rotala sp. green (not really Sure if i need a background plant with the ferns)
3x Christmas moss

Last edited:
Just started with my hardscape. I really love aquascapes with a beach look and wanted to create it myself aswell (and I want to add Corydoras Pigmaeus in the future). Seiryu rocks are a must have for me and I really like the combination with Spiderwood. So, here’s my hardscape after a few hours of preparation:

D828DDCD-8311-45A0-B078-60115C66B844.jpeg

C16FBDAA-97A5-4AE3-A7F7-7FB3B2BE38D8.jpeg

EDE370FC-ECA8-4E14-9E70-856A5D938751.jpeg

What do you think? I’m still thinking of adding another piece of spiderwood to the right, to give the hardscape a bit more height..

no more wood... the central rock shows too much. I would try a smaller one. Anyway, if you plant all those pots you wont see much of the hardscape. I think you'll be OK with half of those plants. Also, rotala green needs a bit more light that the others....

Thanks for the reply! I see What you mean with the big stone. I removed it and decided to go for a triangle lay-out, since the aquarium is viewed from both the front and the left side. Now both sides are looking good. Also smashed some seiryu Stones into smaller ones, to get the scale right. Didn’t expect it, but I’m actually happy with this current hardscape :D it feels natural and balanced I think?

Feedback is very welcome! :)
3547A0E6-74F8-4C35-BEA5-C4679BB04F08.jpeg
53C4004E-AD79-48D9-94F9-5393CA3C488C.jpeg

67FF003C-6DB9-46C2-8E90-D3FCC1B7FD34.jpeg

Last edited:
this is my planting plan:

1C762886-1563-40DE-8FA4-643CF565C442.jpeg

Do you think it Will work? Im still doubting the fact whether I should include the rotalas. Dont know if they will look Good behind the ferns?

The Rotalas will look good behind the ferns. You can let them grow over the scape to provide shade it need be.
You may struggle to keep the Buces and Anubias near to the light algae free, especially the Buce on top of the wood.
But if this happens you can always move them to shadier places later.

Hm didn’t even think about that issue haha. Will keep it in mind, thanks! And like you said, move them when it does happen! The lights will only be on for about 5 hours each day, so maybe it won’t be a big issue

Like what you’ve done with the led light arm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice!

Is that two different Buce species you went for in the end?

Thanks! Yeah 3x Bucephalandra Theia’s and 2x Bucephalandra Wavy green. Real beauties! Now pray they won’t melt :bored:

Reactions: tam
Back