• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Forgotten Valley - 60l

here is a macro of the hemanthius micranthemoides pearling :)

P101034823.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Aaron

stuworrall said:
thats grown in really well and is looking great. have you thought about swapping the stems and the java fern around so you get more of a slope from left to right?

to many of them :lol:

Mark is sending me some Vallis nana for the back left side, hopefully it should sort the problem out :)

Nice thick carpet of HC :D

P1010365.jpg

P1010363.jpg

P1010359.jpg

I'm liking it! I know this is a bit weird, but it just looks a bit green. Obviously it's going to look green...but it just looks very green to me. Maybe it's just the photos.

I have just got 8 black neons, when in the sop i thought there would be enough but now they are in the tank they lookk tiny :rolleyes: I will be getting another 8 i think, great fish.

I have euthanised the endlers because they were deformed and were not suitable to sell on or take back etc. I use the ice cold water method, went much better than expected, soon as they touch the water they instantly knocked out, i was worried i were going to do it wrong :crazy:

some half decent photos:

P1011711.jpg

P1011712.jpg

Nice! I'm not sure I would have chosen the same fish choice, but they are great fish all the same.

I know what you mean about them looking small once they're in the tank, I get that all the time! I think it's because there's so many fish in such small tanks at the shop.

saintly, looking at your tank pictures I just realized that in my nano tank I'll have to put my Hemianthus Micranthemoides in the BG instead of the mid-ground. Too much growth for just 24cm (9") of height. Funny I bought it to be a FG plant. :)

Thanks for the inspiration, mate.

keymaker said:
saintly, looking at your tank pictures I just realized that in my nano tank I'll have to put my Hemianthus Micranthemoides in the BG instead of the mid-ground. Too much growth for just 24cm (9") of height. Funny I bought it to be a FG plant. :)

Thanks for the inspiration, mate.

:lol: maybe wrong journal my friend. this is aarons journal

aaronnorth said:
I love HC, now it is has filled in, how long did you leave it for last time LD?
About 3 months, until glosso too over it, but it didn't grow much in those 3 months and most of it turned dark green at one stage.

:lol: OK, it was Aaron after all. I was so happy to find the solution that I didn't look.
And you confused me with your photoshop tricks and posting modified pictures of Aaron's tank.... :) ;)

Back