• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Forgotten Valley - 60l

growth is looking great, are you going to grow the HM more on the right?

agree with ceg the pics are looking great.

Chris

ceg4048 said:
Coming along nicely Aaron. Looks like you've a better handle on color balance now. :D

Cheers,

haha, i now use custom WB ;) My fish pictures are coming along great too :D

growth is looking great, are you going to grow the HM more on the right?

agree with ceg the pics are looking great.

I am in 2 minds about the HM, i think it needs to go the full length of the tank otherwise it divides it in two, however if i do grow it the full length i can see now that i will have problems in covering the bottom half of the stems where they tend to get a bit leggy/ messy. I have thought about adding more crypts but then i feel it will upset the balance of the tank, and if i do this i will have to grow a full carpet of HC.

As you can see one thing leads to another :lol: I have some thinking to do.

Looks great, now that the HM is filling out! I can see what you mean by the "two halfes", but isn't it just a question of pruning to the right shape?
And great photography too!

chump54 said:
oh, that is a good idea... moving the stem. I can see it, it'll look great!

chris

I think it looks better, it was suggested to me months back but i wanted to see what it looked like before i moved it!

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0019-1.jpg

Excuse the water marks :oops: I could of sworn i took pictures after i cleaned the glass :rolleyes: The fern is huge... much bigger than i previously thought and the crypt roots were about 6" long or more :wideyed: I dont think the wood looks right though, perhps i should have no hardscape and fill it in with staurogyne sp.

I'd just like to say thankyou to everyone for their continuing help and support, whether it be aquascaping or photography etc i wouldnt be as good if it wasnt for you guys :)

Thanks.

Hi Aaron

I'm no expert, but that looks alot better to me. I think something like Blyxa to help the slope of greenery down to the bottom right hand corner would be great ! I like the wood, except for the bit that seems to come down in to the foreground (front and centre) - it just seems to go against the direction of the other wood.

Tony

Tonser said:
Hi Aaron

I'm no expert, but that looks alot better to me. I think something like Blyxa to help the slope of greenery down to the bottom right hand corner would be great ! I like the wood, except for the bit that seems to come down in to the foreground (front and centre) - it just seems to go against the direction of the other wood.

Tony

thankyou, although i am not too sure which piece(s) you are talking about. Do you mean the tiny piece at the back right and then the piece that is touching the HC?

Thanks.

aaronnorth said:
I could get some blyxa for the back centre (TGM has some tropica in finally :D )

Just placed an order for 2.
Will let you know of the quality. I expect it will be good because it's Tropica and the boys at TGM. :D

Back