• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Forsaken World (Final photo.. scape now ended)

I think the criticisms were harsh but then it is a clear indication that what is being marked is a sense of perspective and scale in terms of representing a landscape :)

I think the scape looks great and well done on your rankings :)

The ferns maybe ...but the Anubias are ok to me ...great scape, good use of stones. I do not agree with the path need to go all the way to the back at all....the way you did it gives it even more dept as you can not see the end therefore the end stays hidden and a place you want to go to.

Thanks guys.
The comments should be read as an opinion from some one with a lot more experience then the owner of the layout and as a way to learn. For me, positive or negative, they are great :)

I think judges are also people, as we are. Mere mortals, not gods with super power and infinite wisdom. They have their own opinion, maybe it's not the same as our owns vision. But that's the best part! You have opportunity to look at your (or other work) with different eyes, and see something you don't notice at firts sight.
I think any criticism feedback is a great thing.

As creators, we always need some back tapping and good words about our work, just to know it's not piece of sh*t, but to have opportunity to get better as designers, we should get sometimes something different. That's what I think is important.

(Rats, where is my letter with harsh criticism from GAPLC? Still got nothing. I hope mail system in my country still works. At least sometimes.)

Alex, great message. I agree with you.
That's also why we should ask opinions of our friends and forums friends :)

I received mine a long time ago! (2 weeks?). I think it's lost!

Pedro.

Back