• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Forsaken World (Final photo.. scape now ended)

Papillion? I love the way the fern is pushing through the rocks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

very nice, what did you do at the side to bring the substrate up at that height without spilling into the sand?

Ian, i used smaller size tights but will be putting a piece of small wood between the tights and the moss that will cover the side (it's planted on a wood stick), so that if something happens with them, the problem will be smaller.

Papillion? I love the way the fern is pushing through the rocks

It's Microsorum sp. Trident. I hope that it'll fit well with many trimming :)

Extremely NICE Perdo! :clap: Reminds me "The Wall" from Game of Thrones without the snow:) What are the rocks? Amazing rockwork BTW. Will they rise the GH/KH?

OOF! Simply gorgeous.....

How many fish are there? (Ember tetra?)

Would love to watch the tank in action. Another great video pleeeeeeaaaaaase :)

Extremely NICE Perdo! :clap: Reminds me "The Wall" from Game of Thrones without the snow:) What are the rocks? Amazing rockwork BTW. Will they rise the GH/KH?

Nikolas, I'm not expecting many changes on the water. I still haven't done any tests because i made a water change at the middle of the week.
There are no apparently symptoms on fish and shrimp.
It's called Spirit Stones at my store. I'll try to know a little more about them.

OOF! Simply gorgeous.....

How many fish are there? (Ember tetra?)

Would love to watch the tank in action. Another great video pleeeeeeaaaaaase :)

They were 92 on the last scape. I never saw a dead Ember, but obviuosly that could have been some deaths. They should be around that number. +- 9 months with me. They were very small. Coulors are great on most of them.
Brilliant fish.

I'll post a small video of the making and only then a video of the second week or something like that.

Pedro.

Looks great pedro but I will miss the scary videos , will be watching this one closely love the wall

Thanks Dean

Wonderful! If I should make a small critique, it is that the "wall" looks somewhat massive and a bit "flat" in the middle (the low flat part perhaps also sits too much in the middle of the tank). I think that some more dynamism could be achieved. But will look great even if you don't change a thing.

Thomas, That flat middle should be transformed by all the moss, but i remember that on the day i made it a friend of mine was experimenting some small stones on that place to see how it would look.
So it's a possibility to add a stone there. Let's wait :)

I've been asked in portuguese foruns about the quality of this stones and the way it affects the water PH ans KH.
So i runned some test to be sure:

PH - 6.5 with 2 / 3 bps of CO2
CO2 - 28.46 (if you believe on the table
icon_e_biggrin.gif
)
GH - 5
KH - 3

So 60 kg of stones doesn't seem to affect the water. Great ;)
I only made a middle week water change.

Other tests:
NO3 - 10 a 15 mg. Low but acceptable for the plants i have right now.
NO2 - 0
NH4/NH3 - 0,5 mg. Will have to keep an eye open for this. It doesn't seem that the 9 month filter and partial water from previous aquarium are keeping this value low... although i doesn't have many confidence in this Sera test :cool: Will make 2 middle week water changes. Fish are great.

Pedro.

CHAPTER III

Terraforming of a planet, moon, or other body is the theoretical process of deliberately modifying its atmosphere, temperature, surface topography or ecology to be similar to the biosphere of Earth to make it habitable by Earth-like life.the origin or mode of formation of something.

Nice camera work! The pan and tracking shots in chapter III are super smooth. You either have a steadying device or shot at 60fps and slowed it down or don't breathe :) Also a nice touch was the footnote in chapter IV about the fish & filter media/water. Helping concerned fish keepers and teaching noobs good practice.

Nearly forgot the actual tank!! Good to see the build. Are those live plants/moss/algae already attached to the rock submerged types? Is it just me or was the sand damp - was that a deliberate choice for scapeing or just the way it came?

Nice camera work! The pan and tracking shots in chapter III are super smooth. You either have a steadying device or shot at 60fps and slowed it down or don't breathe :) Also a nice touch was the footnote in chapter IV about the fish & filter media/water. Helping concerned fish keepers and teaching noobs good practice.

Nearly forgot the actual tank!! Good to see the build. Are those live plants/moss/algae already attached to the rock submerged types? Is it just me or was the sand damp - was that a deliberate choice for scapeing or just the way it came?

James, on that chapter (III) i used mainly a technique with the tripod that you can see in this Fenchel & Janisch video. Although i already used it, it's very well explained by this guys. The followinf Youtube video is just 2 minute and worth looking.

I used 25 fps at 1080 because my Canon 60D doesn't support 50 frames with 1080.

On chapter IV i used (sorry, my 14 year old kid) a "hand" technique, holding camera by the "cord" you put around your neck (sorry, i can't remember the English word for it) but holding it around the lens. I can't find a picture for this :(

Regarding the notice, when i put fish on the aquarium at the first day (only because i need to! no other way of having them with better water quality then an already running filter and partial water), there is always someone saying something :bored:
On the previous one i had no fish (sold them all) and was able to wait a whole month for buying these wonderfull 90 Embers.

Yes, that moss(?) came with the rocks :) I'm waiting to see what will develop from that small bits :D

Back