The Gaze of Solemnity.

Dave Spencer

Thanks for resurrecting the interest in this scape, guys.

Unfortunately, my personal life has resulted in this tank becomong very neglected.

I am currently in the process of retrieving it, with most plants having coped with the neglect very well; even the UG.

The Didiplis diandra took quite a knock in the shade of the Rotala, and may not recover. We`ll see.

Due to the stems becoming overgrown, the lower areas were fairly light deficient, and suffered as a consequence. Some rigourous pruning has just left me with some of the unhealthier stems, but good old high lighting and EI dosing is bringing them all back.

One thing I have decided is that this tank is underfiltered, taking in to account the in line CO2 reactor with the Eheim 2213, so I have a Tetratec EX 700 on its way.

As a side note, the Hygrophila corymbosa `compact` disappeared without trace, never bouncing back like I hoped. I think this is the first plant that I have failed with. I am going to have to go to TGM and get some more, as failure is not an option.

Dave.

beeky

Dave Spencer said:
As a side note, the Hygrophila corymbosa `compact` disappeared without trace, never bouncing back like I hoped. I think this is the first plant that I have failed with. I am going to have to go to TGM and get some more, as failure is not an option.
Dave.

Hehe, I like your style.

Dave Spencer

Just to let you know, the 120cm is almost a reality, so I am currently using this tank to grow some stems for it to keep the costs down. Then I will get back to trying to sort this 60cm out.

Dave.