• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"The Green Cliffs"

Lovely rock work, for me I like rocks to have a little algae on them, scrubbing them clean leaves it looking sterile... just so long as it doesn't cause problems with the plants, what's the plan for the hair grass, keep it manicured or let it grow natural?

Hello!

Still dont know :) I liked the look of natural untrimed carpet, but a week ago I made a major trim and like it aswell :) but after major carpet trim I had some hairgrass tips melting problem so was thinking maybe I cut it to low? Like I said in a post above I will post new photos tomorrow. Thanks!

Hello!

Still dont know :) I liked the look of natural untrimed carpet, but a week ago I made a major trim and like it aswell :) but after major carpet trim I had some hairgrass tips melting problem so was thinking maybe I cut it to low? Like I said in a post above I will post new photos tomorrow. Thanks!
Unlike stem plant, cut hairgrass will melt eventually as we cut the leaves in half instead of stem. Eventually they will give out new leaves and runners

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Unlike stem plant, cut hairgrass will melt eventually as we cut the leaves in half instead of stem. Eventually they will give out new leaves and runners

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk
So this means probably that I will leave hairgrass natural (no more cuts :) ) because sp. mini isnt very long and I like the look of it when its not trimmed.

BTW I am a bit busy this couple weeks and away from home, so will only post new pics after a week or two when I get back home.

Thank you everyone for comments and advices!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So this means probably that I will leave hairgrass natural (no more cuts :) ) because sp. mini isnt very long and I like the look of it when its not trimmed.

BTW I am a bit busy this couple weeks and away from home, so will only post new pics after a week or two when I get back home.

Thank you everyone for comments and advices!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

How does your tank look these days? Still battling the algae?

Thanks everyone for help and comments, but I need to say that this tank do not exist anymore... I ripped it apart few weeks ago, did lots of mistakes (but learned a lot). Already planning a new scape (hope much better) in couple weeks.

Tabadis, from the photo inside your cabinet I see you are using an Energenie power supply. I am using the same one for years but recently ran into problems syncing it to my PC. Ever since upgrading my computers to 64bit Win 10, I can not get it to work. Are you experiencing problems with the Energenie unit on Windows 10?

Tabadis, from the photo inside your cabinet I see you are using an Energenie power supply. I am using the same one for years but recently ran into problems syncing it to my PC. Ever since upgrading my computers to 64bit Win 10, I can not get it to work. Are you experiencing problems with the Energenie unit on Windows 10?
Hello, no, not at all. Everything works smooth and good. You can download software for win10 from their site. Here is the link:
https://energenie4u.co.uk/catalogue/product/ENER011

On the very bottom of the page...

Thanks for the link, Tadabis. Unfortunately the device is not recognized by any of my computers. I suspect it is the 64 bit part of Windows 10 that is presenting the problem. These Energenie units are a bit old and work fine on the 32 bit devices that they are designed for. Anyway, I in contact with their tech support, but they need to relay their problem to their Russian experts.... that did not get my hopes up.

Too bad, as these devices are genius for aquascaping. Hope to see your next tank starting up in a couple of weeks!

Thanks for the link, Tadabis. Unfortunately the device is not recognized by any of my computers. I suspect it is the 64 bit part of Windows 10 that is presenting the problem. These Energenie units are a bit old and work fine on the 32 bit devices that they are designed for. Anyway, I in contact with their tech support, but they need to relay their problem to their Russian experts.... that did not get my hopes up.

Too bad, as these devices are genius for aquascaping. Hope to see your next tank starting up in a couple of weeks!
Hello, my windows 10 are also 64bits.. but everything is ok. Maybe you PC is missing any hardware drivers or other drivers which are responsible for usb slots or so? Because I use 64bits system with that power management program with no issues.

Back