The Green Machine - New display tank pics as requested

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
Tank looks great, guys.

The-Green-Machine said:
Pretty prolific but we are carrying out 1/2 tank water change daily and throwing in an internal each evening with about 1lb of fresh carbon in it.

Have you considered zeolite? It's more effective at ammonia removal than carbon. Could save you some ££.

The Green Machine

Unit 1A, Puleston industrial Estate, Ruabon Road,
Here is a photo of the aquascape as it stands today (25/09/2008)

The Hemianthus is gradually taking a real grip on the substrate but another 6-7 weeks should see a total carpet. So far we are extremely pleased with the performance of all the ADA products used in this scape, this being our first scape that solely uses ADA products (where available).

p.s. Stand by for posts of our fresh re-scape of our 10x2x2 foot acrylic in store display tank.

John Starkey

Hi Jim/mark/ewan,the setup looks good now its filling in nicely,how long did it take for the ada soil to finally settle down?regards john.

keymaker

This tank has a unique impact. Not so much the aquascape itself but the overall clearness to it. The glassware, the water... It surely sells itself... :) Should I ever visit the UK, you guys gonna be on my list. How far is the shop from Heathrow? :)

Superman

The photos don't so this tank justice IMHO.
Looking fantastic fellas, hope it keeps progressing.

Whats the best thing you've found to get the HC to carpet? I've just got some HC and am interested in getting the best out of it.

The Green Machine

Unit 1A, Puleston industrial Estate, Ruabon Road,
John, the aqua soil took eight days to settle but notwithstanding that we have found it a fantastic product.

Keymaker, we are about three hours drive from Heathrow and one from Manchester and you will always be welcome.

Superman, we believe that the key to good,compact carpeting on the HC is strong , unobstructed lighting, (1x 150w MH in this case.)

Thanks to everyone else for the feedback it is a real privilege to be sponsor to such a great bunch of people as passionate as yourselves.

sari

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and recently returned to the hobby. I am really getting into planting with all the frills and your tank is absolutely gorgeous! It is so nice to see that smaller tanks can be extraordinary too! :D

alexandre

Very nice, aren't you tempted to add few cryps ?
I wish I could walk in a shop tomorrow who have display tank like this.