• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Green Machine - New display tank pics as requested

The fish are Aplocheilichthys Normani ( Normans Lampeye).

They will grow to about 4cm, we will reduce the numbers as they gain in size.

We added some Limnobium Laevigatum as the little fellows seem to enjoy the security it affords.

Tank looks great, guys.

The-Green-Machine said:
Pretty prolific but we are carrying out 1/2 tank water change daily and throwing in an internal each evening with about 1lb of fresh carbon in it.

Have you considered zeolite? It's more effective at ammonia removal than carbon. Could save you some ££.

Thanks for the input George-Zeolite here we come!

Here is a photo of the aquascape as it stands today (25/09/2008)

The Hemianthus is gradually taking a real grip on the substrate but another 6-7 weeks should see a total carpet. So far we are extremely pleased with the performance of all the ADA products used in this scape, this being our first scape that solely uses ADA products (where available).

tgm_25-09-08.jpg

p.s. Stand by for posts of our fresh re-scape of our 10x2x2 foot acrylic in store display tank.

Hi Jim/mark/ewan,the setup looks good now its filling in nicely,how long did it take for the ada soil to finally settle down?regards john.

This tank has a unique impact. Not so much the aquascape itself but the overall clearness to it. The glassware, the water... It surely sells itself... :) Should I ever visit the UK, you guys gonna be on my list. How far is the shop from Heathrow? :)

John, the aqua soil took eight days to settle but notwithstanding that we have found it a fantastic product.

Keymaker, we are about three hours drive from Heathrow and one from Manchester and you will always be welcome.

Superman, we believe that the key to good,compact carpeting on the HC is strong , unobstructed lighting, (1x 150w MH in this case.)

Thanks to everyone else for the feedback it is a real privilege to be sponsor to such a great bunch of people as passionate as yourselves.

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and recently returned to the hobby. I am really getting into planting with all the frills and your tank is absolutely gorgeous! It is so nice to see that smaller tanks can be extraordinary too! :D

Very nice, aren't you tempted to add few cryps ?
I wish I could walk in a shop tomorrow who have display tank like this.

The finished aquascape as it stands today in our shop. Click on it to see the higher resolution version.

TGM_opti.jpg

Lamp eye killifish

Really nice guys, another stunning scape.

Back