• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

the Gurus second attempt!

the Guru!

Restarting my tank next week as it is currently neglected and home to alot of dieing plants and algae.

I have the week off work so its the perfect time to do it!
It would be great to get as much help and advice as i possibly could along the way! so i dont make the same mistakes as i did last time.
I will be ordering most of my stuff on monday, so i want to make a list today/tmorrow.

My first question is about Eco-Complete. I hear about neutriant rich substrates leeching ammonia? Do you have to soak it? what preperations do you need to do apart from washing it?
I currently have normal sand. I had problems with ammonia for ages and was doing daily water changes for farrrrr to long and it was very downhearting.

___
specs -
Lighting: 2WPG of T5HO
CO2: Pressurized CO2 `FE
Size: 90 Ltr
Filtration: FLUVAL 305 @ 1000lph
Ferts: EI
Stocking: 4 neon tetra

No doubt i have forgot somthing. I will post a picture of the tank in its current state once i get some batteries for my camera.

Thanks for the replys :) Even if it only is 2 lol.

Pics of the tank currently, not as amazing as most of your tanks on here, i know.
___
sideem8.jpg

frontdk4.jpg

Eco-complete doesn't need washing or rinsing, it's extremely easy to use.

Keep us posted,

Mark

Looking good now, can't wait to see what you come up with! I hope you are keeping the lily, I absolutely love them! The contrast that they give is amazing! :D

it that the hagen overtank luminaire
how muchw as it
did it come with bulbs if not what ones did u use

im looking to get one my ma has one for £45

also your fe co2 wat reg kit did you use

Ark

Ark said:
it that the hagen overtank luminaire
how muchw as it
did it come with bulbs if not what ones did u use

im looking to get one my ma has one for £45

also your fe co2 wat reg kit did you use

Ark

Yes it is a hagen, they dont come with bulbs so i got mine from lampspecs.co.uk
The bulbs are Osram Lumilux 880 Skywhite + Osram Lumilux 840
My reg is a Wave CO2 Regulator off ebay.

Thanks for the comments.

did your wave reg come witha solenoid check valve needle vavlve bubble counter etc
and how much was it

Ark said:
did your wave reg come witha solenoid check valve needle vavlve bubble counter etc
and how much was it

No bubble counter or check vavle. Just the solenoid. Cant remember how much it was, sorry.

Waiting for my Eco-Complete to come in the post still.

But i got some new stems.I will change it slightly, but keep the same idea when i get the new substrate.

tnkga5.jpg

The right hand side im deffinatly gonna change. Also there is stems behind the wood wich need to grow out.

tnk1jc7.jpg

YzemaN said:
Very nice tank there!
Where did you get the luminaire from?

Thanks.

Zooplus has the luminaires, cant remember where i got mine. :oops:

Well, due to popular demand! (lol) Here is an update :)

Drained all the water and took all the sand out, wich was a very very annoying job! (specialy when your hungover on a sunday)

drainedqq9.jpg

Put in the eco-complete and hardscape. Wish i got more eco.
Kind of rushed this so i could get it over and done with.

fillingsc4.jpg

Filled her up and finished planting.

beforeww9.jpg

Wasnt realy happy with it....
So i got home from work today and rescaped! (rushed again lol)

I had an absolute boat load of HC just sittin in a tub, so i chucked some into the new scape, might put some more in before it dies in the tub.

hcvh6.jpg

This is how it stands now

nowii0.jpg

Left

leftoa8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Well, things were going smoothly... now the algea is taking over again :twisted:

All over the glass and rocks/wood and on the slow-growers

200811050004qt0.jpg

200811050005nb6.jpg

The stems at the back are doing well.. apart from the ones on the left. Need to get my trim the ones on the right.

200811050003aq1.jpg

Back