• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

Mark Evans

Expert
ok journal time again :wideyed:

i'm now going on to my next venture, The Henge part 2! this tank is to live it's life at my local MA @eastbridgford nr nottingham.

its 36 x 15 x 18(h) roughly. i've been given an endless supply of kit too which should really kick start the whole thing. Sam the owner has been great in providing me with what i want.

thinking that this was a dispaly tank for a shop i had to think about the business perspective too, but i've still opted for a fast growth tank to try and obtain a quick hit instantly.

so the style will be iwagumi, hence THE HENGE.

something along the lines of this....but in a 90CM,

462347eb.jpg

TANK AND lIGHTS

so as you know the dimensions of the tank, i plan to install 4 x 39w t5s only running the 2 for the first 6 weeks (it may stay like that full time though)

FILTER

filter choice i nearly thought about putting a fx 5 on it :wideyed: . I've opted for a 405 and 305 both with mature filter from there big in-store filters. this gives me masses of turnover and also allows me to maintain one while the other continues to work after filter maintenance.

SUBSTRATE

substrate wise i'm using jbl aquabasis plus capped with ADA AS (my own)

HARDSCAPE

My very own seryiou stone.

CO2

JBL equipment

FERTS

dry powders.

PLANT CHOICE

well nothing off the wall here, seeing as its a follow on from the henge im going for

E acicularis,
either hc or glossostigma
e tenellus
riccia stones (could be a seller for the shop)
blyxa (my own stock)
now the stems, either r rotundifolia or sp green. i was thinking about m umbrosum as it would give me a longer life span of the layout.

the plan for the layout is going to be worked around the golden ratio of 1:1.618 with the stems being planted across 2/3 of the rear of the tank.

and as you can guess i'll be planting really heavy from the off.

more updates and pictures soon

Re: The Henge part 2

You're going up the ranks fast, Mark. Scaping a tank for MA now, you'll be judging ADA one day! :lol: Can't wait to see it.

I have some suggestions.:D
Your hardscape placement could IMHO be improved if you just used the tree largest stones and placed them something like
layout nr. 2 in the PDF document here: http://www.adaaust.com.au/support/iwagumi2007.htm
E. tennelus or blyxa between the stones, Elocharis as background plant and riccia + glosso in the foreground.

the image i've provided is not the final layout. im scaping a 90 not a 60 so instantly the layout is different.

JEK said:
E. tennelus or blyxa between the stones, Elocharis as background plant and riccia + glosso in the foreground.

kinda what i was thinking... ;)

saintly said:
the image i've provided is not the final layout. im scaping a 90 not a 60 so instantly the layout is different.

JEK said:

kinda what i was thinking... ;)

My bad, I thought the one on the image was the 90 cm tank... :oops:

JEK said:
My bad, I thought the one on the image was the 90 cm tank... :oops:

it's ok, i should of said. the above layout is in a 60cm. hopefully with the same stones i can create the illusion of bigger tank, certainly more open space at least. good link about stone arrangement BTW i've used the same link many times myself.

sit tight and I'll have the arrangement in the next week or so.

mark

thought i'd best add the original henge images for those that didnt see....

attempts...

_MG_9645-01.jpg

planting...

_MG_9823-01.jpg

growth...

_MG_9953-01.jpg

details...

Untitled-1.jpg

embers.jpg

side1.jpg

silly backgrounds.... :lol:

_MG_7711-02.jpg

a81b7913.jpg

to the final thing...

c87264f0.jpg

it ended up not bad in the end considering the poor attempts at changing foreground. so hopefully i can iron out a load of errors that was made in this set up.

Ahh... I loved The Henge.

Are they allowing you to choose fish and stuff too?

Thomas McMillan said:
Ahh... I loved The Henge.

Are they allowing you to choose fish and stuff too?

thanks mate,
yeah i choose everything. so there will be no shortage of sae's ottos and amano shrimp. probably the one thing i ignore myself....algae crew.

and a good shoal of.....not sure as of yet ;) i'll see what comes through the shop doors.

aaronnorth said:
s that Sam Kent who owns EastBridgford?

yeah Sam, thats the man. although Sam a partner in the company or something along those lines. he's got 5 shops now and flits between them.

Looking forward to seeing it mate. You'll have to let me know when you're ready for it to be seen!

Ed Seeley said:
Looking forward to seeing it mate. You'll have to let me know when you're ready for it to be seen!

will do! another couple of weeks at least to get to planting.

TDI-line said:
Sounds like a UKAPS outing. :p

there's more people this way than i thought, i don't know why we don't actually have one! i'll let you know TDI-line when it's safe to come over

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
s that Sam Kent who owns EastBridgford?

yeah Sam, thats the man. although Sam a partner in the company or something along those lines. he's got 5 shops now and flits between them.

Last time i spoke to him he was planning to have his 4th open by this christmas just gone.

I dont see him much but if you do, tell him he is in trouble, and mention slate :twisted:

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
tell him he is in trouble, and mention slate :twisted:

:lol: will do! your wanting some slate?

He was working on his own the other week and he was in a rush and he forgot to check the customer order book :rolleyes: It wouldnt be so bad as you would usually get the products the next week, however this order only comes once every 3 Months :rolleyes:
I have been after some since October :twisted:

aaronnorth said:
I have been after some since October :twisted:

bits or a whole slate something like 18 x 10 inches? i get loads of it. next job i'm on i'll get you one

Back