• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

I think all the locals should coordinate a date and time and meet up there! We can admire Mark's handy-work together then!

Next weekend or the week after?

aaronnorth said:
i think the rotala will/ already is addiing an interesting effect,

certainly different to what i had in mind.

samc said:
looks great i have a little gumi which i was thinking of putting rotala at the back which id say will stay green but ill see

trial and error samc. best way of learning.

Ed Seeley said:
I think all the locals should coordinate a date and time and meet up there! We can admire Mark's handy-work together then!

:wideyed: no pressure then! :lol:

i'd say at least 3 weeks. give the e tenellus a chance to change form and the HC to take over a little. i'll be there every weekend though....sundays for an hour or 2

saintly said:
Ed Seeley said:

:wideyed: no pressure then! :lol:

i'd say at least 3 weeks. give the e tenellus a chance to change form and the HC to take over a little. i'll be there every weekend though....sundays for an hour or 2

Didn't mean to gather together to critique your scape mate (honestly! :lol: ). More to meet up for a bit of a social! There's a few drinking establishments locally too so we could have a good chat and a beverage!

Ed Seeley said:
Didn't mean to gather together to critique your scape mate (honestly! :lol: ).

(wipes brow) phewww :lol:.

Ed Seeley said:
More to meet up for a bit of a social! There's a few drinking establishments locally too so we could have a good chat and a beverage!

sounds good! i'm a lemonade man myself, but to meet up with fellow scapers would be great. nice to see george today.

What about the Sunday 22nd February then? Whenever you're usually there will do for the time. Should give it a bit more chance to fill in and a bit of time for the weather to improve! :lol:

Ed Seeley said:
What about the Sunday 22nd February then? Whenever you're usually there will do for the time. Should give it a bit more chance to fill in and a bit of time for the weather to improve! :lol:

sounds good....so is there any one else in the vicinity who would like to come along? i do the W/C at about 10.00 i play around for an hour so 11.00ish? actually 12.00 ish if were to venture to a pub

saintly said:
Ed Seeley said:

sounds good....so is there any one else in the vicinity who would like to come along? i do the W/C at about 10.00 i play around for an hour so 11.00ish? actually 12.00 ish if were to venture to a pub

Sunday 22nd at 11am then! I'll stick a thread up in the events section and see who we can get along!!! I think there's a fair few people either Nottingham or nearby that could come along, not to mention off to the East side too.

i'm bored!

nothing to out of the ordinary, just grab shots i suppose

_MG_8998-01.jpg

_MG_8995-01.jpg

Still looking good for grab shots! Better than my best ones!

BTW what's the stocking plan for this tank?

Very nice shots there.

i think Rummynose or Ember Tetras would look amazing in this one, a bit generic but it's a shop tank so thats the sort of thing you want.

Clown loaches, some neon tetras, a load of guppies, some corys, half a dozen oscars and some snails. :twisted:

good question ed, thanks for the comments guys.

currently theres just 4 ottos in there and 6 amano shrimp. just to contend with any early diatoms. there's no signs of any kind of unwanted growth at the minute. so the algae crew wont get any bigger just yet.

as the focal fish, i'm leaning towards cardinals :wideyed: yep cardinals.

rummies did cross my mind, but the whole scape is developing a real summery vibe and i reckon the striking red/blue would stand out a treat. firstly though i want filter up to speed and carpeting plants to of covered 100% before i start to add the main fish.

SuperColey1 said:
That shot from an angle looking from below looks really good ;)

cheers andy.

i've been across AGAIN :wideyed: today. it's great that i can get so much in the early stages. especialy with a public scape. it didnt dawn on me until a few days ago that if this had of gone wrong, my credibility would of gone flying out the window.

so, in the short space of 24hours, yesterday until now...the e tenellus is sending out runners on open parts :D great sign. i've left them until the weekend.

no tank pics, just one of my lad feeding the fish....

_MG_9076-01.jpg

saintly said:
SuperColey1 said:
That shot from an angle looking from below looks really good ;)
i've been across AGAIN :wideyed: today. it's great that i can get so much in the early stages. especialy with a public scape. it didnt dawn on me until a few days ago that if this had of gone wrong, my credibility would of gone flying out the window.

I think you could look at it from 2 ways really.

-You realise how much you put into your home tanks from just spotting things whilst having constant viewing pleasure ;)
-With it not being in front of you all the time your time is limited and there's less tinkering!!!

AC

SuperColey1 said:
-With it not being in front of you all the time your time is limited and there's less tinkering!!!

yeah. true andy. thankfully i got the rock layout that i wanted and the planting scheme pretty much from the off. kinda proves to me even more on how a hardscape IMO should be bang on from the start.
i had this conversation with George the other day. i could of carried on with the miracle mire and yeah, it would of looked ok but ultimately wasn't right. even before the breakdown i wasn't happy. also proof that i looked at it WAY to hard.

just looking at this scape for 20 mins a day, it feels fresh, but also any mistakes hit you instantly! but thankfully i feel it's ok. if you'd of said to me 12 months ago that i'll get to scape a public tank?.....well :lol:

i'm sure you guys will spot problems with it though.

Back