• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

Re: The Henge part 2

the smallest up date,

I've now added the AS to cap off then JBL Aquabasis Plus. added iron bottom and bacter 100 just to ensure good growth.

I'm close to a plant list as soon as I've decided on the theme you lot will know too. I'm putting the order in on Monday and shall have them Wednesday planting next weekend.

ma1.jpg

here's the tank that sit's next to the one I'm scaping.

thetanknextdoor.jpg

and here's the 99% finished hard scape. there's 2 stone i gota move but I'll do that at the weekend. I've just about got it back to what it was.

ma2.jpg

Ooh looks like theres gonna be tough competition between yours and the one next to it for the title of best! :lol:
On a serious note, I really like your rock arrangement for the 'gumi, looking forward to seeing this planted, no doubt it will be of equally excellent quality to all your other recent scapes!

Joecoral said:
looking forward to seeing this planted, no doubt it will be of equally excellent quality to all your other recent scapes!

thanks Joe, really kind. :D

i reckon i've got my plant list, what ever i dont use can go into stock.

i'm going with m ubrosum even though i can only get it to creep. i considered r rotundifolia but i want small leaves through out

12 x HC
12 x e tennelus
12 x e acicularis
12 x m umbrosum
and my own riccia.

i think that should do it. i may addd acouple more of each just to be on the safe side. the shop sell enough plants and may sell the spare ones if the scape looks ok after planting.

Got any pics of the creeping MU, Mark?

Mine always grows upright.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
Got any pics of the creeping MU, Mark?

i'll sift through, i might have.

i placed it at the right and left rear of the tank and its worked it's way forward by a good 10 inches from it's original place. i've slashed it back now. i did get height but only about 7 inches. this is my concern for this particular scape. i want the height.

plants ordered.

ive changed my mind about m ubrosum. i'm using r rotundifolia as its something they sell a lot of.

so....

18 pot of rotala rotundifolia
18 pots of Hemianthus callitrichoides
18 pots of Echinodorus tenellus
12 pots eleocharis acicularis

66 pots for a 3 footer should give it a head start. i had 80 + for my 4 footer.

George Farmer said:
Are you anticipating the Rotala turning red, Mark?

i wish, would be nice. i don't mind if it stayes green. aquafluer don't do sp green hence the rotundifolia

Tonser said:
Great looking hardscape arrangement Saintly

thanks tony

Tonser said:
and thats quite a list of plants too

a few hours of sorting and planting there i reckon

well my 60 odd pots have arrived today so i have something to take my mind off the old scape. :D

well I'm planted out :wideyed:

After the disaster that I've had this was just what i needed.

i used about 50 pots in all. here's everything sorted out.....

dividingplants.jpg

sorting plant always takes time, but is well worth it when it comes to planting. in all i used 15 pots HC planted in the same way as Oliver Knott. i was going through the pain of individual stems, when the stems were so small and compact....really great HC BTW.

here's the downward view, as you can see 95% substrate covered. 8)

downonlife.jpg

and here's directly after planting. now folks please don't tell me the tank aint full. :lol: I didn't realise until i put the lid back on. i WILL FILL TOMORROW

planted.jpg

it was quite amazing the amount of interest this generated. they sold a ton of plants and the spare hc was rightfully picked up by a plant enthusiast who'd never seen HC until today.
one funny comment made by a customer.....

"what so different about that?....those plant wont last 5 minutes....mine never do!"

i just gota humour these folk :?

anyway, I'm back tomorrow to check
1. co2 is ok
2.set up second filter
3.fill up tank.
4. Take pictures.

Thanks for looking.

Looking amazing, Mark. I'm sure this is gonna be one to watch. I'm sure the two MA's near me wouldn't say no to a planted tank if you asked them... :p

Crackin' job mate. Well done.

Love the photography too. Nice angles and presentation.

I'd like to do a feature sometime on planted display tanks in shops and this is one well worth following up.

I hope other MA stores take note of this - it could be instrumental in helping to progress the UK planted tank hobby and bringing it to the general fishkeeper.

Thanks for sharing, as always.

Hi Mark,i am speachless at the progress you have made in aquascaping in such a short space of time,absolute respect mate,(summer wil be here soon so you may get the fishing bug back)regards john

john starkey said:
Hi Mark,i am speachless at the progress you have made in aquascaping in such a short space of time,absolute respect mate

thanks John, it's just perseverance and research...oh and invaluable advice on UKAPS ;)

john starkey said:
(summer wil be here soon so you may get the fishing bug back)

pellet or paste? :lol:

this next images may shock some of you but it's to show some of the newer members what's achievable if you put your mind to it. i was going to hold back on this image but what the heck.

this photo was taken feb last year so this was what i was doing just 11 months ago. algae fest.....

_MG_7791-01-1.jpg

George Farmer said:
Crackin' job mate. Well done.

Love the photography too. Nice angles and presentation.

tar George, i'm trying to expand the look of my images

Thomas McMillan said:
Looking amazing, Mark. I'm sure this is gonna be one to watch. I'm sure the two MA's near me wouldn't say no to a planted tank if you asked them... :p

we'll see what the future holds. i want to make sure this one runs smoothly first. :D

samc said:
i think alot more people could get into the hobby if they could see this kinda stuff in there lfs

there needs to be a lot more education on the hobby for sure.

Back