• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

Re: The Henge part 2

HI mark,its starting to look really nice now,the rock placement is begining to really stand out,regards john

George Farmer said:
You're doing the hobby proud mate. Well done.
day2-1.jpg

Sexy rocks and composition. Will look superb when mature.

You're doing the hobby proud mate. Well done.

cheers George,

if i can help folk i will.so if this scape helps introduce just one person to the hobby then I've achieved something :D

john starkey said:
HI mark,its starting to look really nice now,the rock placement is begining to really stand out,regards john

cheers John, I'm pleased with the stone arrangement. i wish i had it at home.

I've been over to MA today. W/C etc. tanks looking good. the HC has now taken and i think i've lost what is to be lost, so I'm over the worst.

6 shrimps have been added to the 4 ottos. it's to stay like that for a couple of weeks then more shrimp and ottos.

i cant believe what's happening to the rotala....its going red! :wideyed: i cant get it to do that in my tanks. so i may end up with a wall of red....some may be thinking why put rotala in?....because i thought it would stay a pinky colour.

aaronnorth said:
what happened to the other 10% ;) ;)

didnt you read?

it died. the rest is doing fine now. emerged to submersed with cold water...not a good combo in my eyes.

vauxhallmark said:
Read your original post again, Saintly! :lol:

I'm confused...

i wrote about 4 post ago that a few clumps didnt make it (died)

ahh unless Aaron means it might of ended up in my tank....hard to convey wit and humour. sorry aaron if I've up set you.

:oops: :oops: :oops: absolute apologies to AAron!

good god, i'm going nutty!

yeah, 90%... the other 10%....mmmm, it vanished. :wideyed:

i feel bad now.

Thomas McMillan said:
mark, this is looking well class nice one ;)

good on ya thomas

aquaticmaniac said:
It's looking good. The rotala adds an interesting effect.

thanks leah.

john starkey said:
Hi Mark,sweet mate really sweet,regards john.

thanks very much kind sir!

The tank's seems to be taking on a very different look to what i originally envisaged. In appearence, it's developing a summery look.i think this may be down to the colour of the rotala.

now some maybe laughing in there sleeves at the idea of putting r rotundifolia into a tank and that i was expecting it to stay green....well the fact of the matter is, i cant make it go red to save my life :wideyed: until now!

now theres nothing obviously different in this, my 60cm and The Miracle Mire....except for one thing!....

now all 3 tanks have r rotundifolia from AQUAFLEUR all the same dosing regimes and W/C (relative to tank size of course) co2 and filtration (all exceed at least 15 x turnover)

the one thing thats different is in this particular scape 1 of the 39wt5s has a colour temp of 5400K and the other 8000K. my other tanks also run @ 8800K. i'm wondering whether its colour temp that could bring such colouring? it's early days for this rotala, but it will go red for sure.

my 60cm contains rotala twice the size and is as green as sp green....almost

this image is well and trully PS'D but it gives the shape of the layout quite well...

6days-1.jpg

and how the tanks is fitting in to the overall layout of the shop....

_MG_8977-01.jpg

nice looking scape Mark, can't wait for final pictures, its going to be awesome.

forgive my ignorance but which MA is this at? I read the thread but didn't see it mentioned, unless my eye sight is a bad as I think it is:)

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
nice looking scape Mark, can't wait for final pictures, its going to be awesome.

thanks johnny. it's the east bridgford division. i should ad that to the title :D

Thanks Mark, looks like a trip down there me thinks, we normally go to the MA @ The Duckeries, so a trip to East Bridgford isn't out of the way:)

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
Thanks Mark, looks like a trip down there me thinks, we normally go to the MA @ The Duckeries, so a trip to East Bridgford isn't out of the way:)

JOHNNY
hellohefalump said:
This is looking brilliant. When I'm next in Nottingham (my cousins live there) I'll be sure to take the time to get over and have a look.
great guys and galls. :D

give it a week or 2 then things should look a bit better.remember it's only a week old.

i should be in every weekend, if times marry i may meet you. :D

Back