• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

something's working!.....apparently 12 pots of HC came in Wednesday all sold by friday dinner along with rotala and other stuff .not surprising at 3.50 a pot. the scapes doing it's job i reckon.

i'm going tomorrw to trim the e tenellus which is running a riot. HC looks fantastic now :D the only thing is....MA have a good scape, my mum has 2 and I at home?......not one :arghh: i've got the plan in my head though!

saintly said:
something's working!.....apparently 12 pots of HC came in Wednesday all sold by friday dinner along with rotala and other stuff .not surprising at 3.50 a pot. the scapes doing it's job i reckon.

i'm going tomorrw to trim the e tenellus which is running a riot. HC looks fantastic now :D the only thing is....MA have a good scape, my mum has 2 and I at home?......not one :arghh: i've got the plan in my head though!

excellent news, cant wait too see it.

Dobbies garden centre near me sells 3 pots for £8!! (HC & glosso) not sure if they have the offer still on though :bored:

Looking forward to seeing it next weekend mate. Nothing better to sell things than a really top class example of what they can look like! We always used to try and do it when I had my old plant sales business!

This tank looks 100x better in person, you can notice much more detail than in the pictures and get a real feel of the progress. I thought he had added/ changed the layout but apparently not! Worth the trip next weekend guys. ;)

Mark knows his stuff on aquascaping too ;) (if you hadnt already noticed lol)

Thanks.

was a pleasure meeting young Aaron.

i came close to trimming the stems today even though they had not reached the surface. there bending and growing sideways,with new growth from each node. so it would be ok to trim now, but i left them for you guys to look at next week.

runners of e tenellus are spreading as is e acicularis. The HC is looking good too and his hugging the substrate with it's life :D i reckon it should be a tight carpet.

a couple of quick pics for those who cant come.

_MG_9244-01.jpg

_MG_9245-01.jpg

It's looking top notch Mark, it's a real credit to ya and just shows how far you've come in such a short time :D!

I may see if i can make the short train journey up at some point and have a good gander at it ;)

Regards Wayne,

cheers guys.

well i can update you without even going to the shop!

apparently the stems are now at the top of the tank, so for all you guys coming down Sunday, you may find that I've trimmed them.

there will be images from the weekends outing, hopefully a group shot would be nice. :D

saintly said:
cheers guys.

well i can update you without even going to the shop!

apparently the stems are now at the top of the tank, so for all you guys coming down Sunday, you may find that I've trimmed them.

there will be images from the weekends outing, hopefully a group shot would be nice. :D

they grew quick :wideyed:

aaronnorth said:
they grew quick :wideyed:

i know. you saw them before as well. the tanks on steroids!

LondonDragon said:
Any feedback from customers??
Tank is coming along nicely :) congrats Mark

Any feedback from customers??

quite a lot paulo. plant turnover is better i think, certainly selling lots of HC and e tenellus.

I've actually come back via the shop tonight. there's one small thing that's annoying but cant be helped...there's a slight cloud to the water. bacterial bloom maybe. it's only slight so no big deal.

the low growing plants a running rampant which is good. I've instructed matt to do another partial W/C tomorrow and I'll spend Saturday sorting things out, but overall I'm chuffed :D considering I'm running it from a far!

Sounds good Mark, I have that annoying clound in my shrimp tank for weeks too and can't seem to get rid of it.
I have tried Purigen too and it won't go away, maybe is the Aquasoil, was messing a lot with it before it happened.

Just make sure those customers that brought the plants know what to do with them, otherwise they will come back complaining, put a UKAPS poster on the tank too for free information on how to keep plants alive ;)

Good work mate :)

LondonDragon said:
Just make sure those customers that brought the plants know what to do with them, otherwise they will come back complaining

unfortunately, that's not my part. that's down to the staff, who BTW are really keen. credit to matt and Natalie.

LondonDragon said:
I have that annoying clound in my shrimp tank for weeks too and can't seem to get rid of it.

i had it in the miracle mire after filter maintenance. daily partial w/c got rid after a couple of weeks. :D

Back