• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

It may look white but if its the same as mine its algae, not bacteria. I knew this because when I added a JBL water polishing pad to my filter it came out pea green (but does not solve the problem). Get them to run a UV unit on it for a few days. Daily water changes might also do the trick but I never have time for that. When I had it Clive insisted it would pass as the tank matures, but you are too public to wait, so UV will do the job.

As I said elsewhere Mark, love this Iwagumi. Love all your Iwagumi's actually...

a quick update.

well folks i've had to trim the stems, there getting a tad messy. but in all honesty this rotala is the best i've grown. there were a few stems that had new growth right up the stem from each node :wideyed: so hopefully this should bush quite easy.

heres before....

_MG_9354-01.jpg

heres after...

_MG_9357-01.jpg

i'm not sure about the cloudiness ray, i've done another w/c that's 3 in as many days, and it's doing the trick. another tomorrow before the gang arrive.

the low growing plants are doing excellent so no problems there.

all is going to plan :D

well 3 turned up on the day, Ed, paul(gratts) and Dan (tdi-line) i think dan crawford may of got lost somewhere up the M1.....

it's always nice to meet ukaps members. but especially nice to meet nice ones such as these guys, your all legends for turning out! :D

here we are! I've named everyone so you don't get confused.

theboys.jpg

thanks to matt and Natalie too for there supply of coffee ;)

Great to meet you guys today and chat. Think we covered most things over a couple of hours!!! :lol:

The only problem with that picture is the fact that I always look ridiculous in pictures!

The tank looks really great in the flesh and is really filling out well. The HC is really sticking close to the substrate and all with just 2 T5 bulbs! Great work Mark.

Thanks for the plants too Dan, I'll update my journal once I've taken some more pics and added the new ones!!!

Hi guys! I'm sorry I didn't turn up, one of those days :0( everything has been against me. Really gutted guys, hope to meet up soon.
Cheers
Dan

No worries mate; these things happen! We were just getting a bit worried you'd ended up in a ditch or something! :eek: :lol:

I'm gutted I didn't make it too (not that I said I was going anyway).

I was going to give the wife a couple of hours off and take my little girl to see yet another fish tank/shop, she'd have loved it. As It turned out my wife got up early with the little monster and left me in bed, I didn't wake up until 10 and was just too late to get on the road and make it in time. I did need that lie-in though, been working lots in schools over the half term break and didn't finish til late Saturday.

I even wrote out the post code to put it in the satnav Sunday morning. Never mind, next time!

Simon D said:
I even wrote out the post code to put it in the satnav Sunday morning. Never mind, next time!
I'm gutted I didn't make it too (not that I said I was going anyway).

I was going to give the wife a couple of hours off and take my little girl to see yet another fish tank/shop, she'd have loved it. As It turned out my wife got up early with the little monster and left me in bed, I didn't wake up until 10 and was just too late to get on the road and make it in time. I did need that lie-in though, been working lots in schools over the half term break and didn't finish til late Saturday.

another time simon.

Ed Seeley and gratts!

_MG_9433-01.jpg

Back