• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

Saw it in the flesh today
Incredible tank, you should be proud 8)
As should the store manager/owner, made a few quid of plants in the tank i liked the look of :lol:
Mention the disapearing ancistrus, he will know who i am :lol:
went to buy a male ancistrus and it swam UP the OUTFLOW pipe :twisted: he was mesisng with the water flow to coax him out but it wasnt meant to be

Thomas McMillan said:
Will this scape be long-term?

it could be. the stems will kill off the life span, but i could replant e acicularis in the back to prolong the life span.

Thomas McMillan said:
what will happen when it's lifespan is over? Another scape?

if i'm allowed to do another tank, i will :D thats up to the big boss.this scape has boosted plant sales so it's not a bad thing.

i should see why not. after all it would only be the plants that would have to be bought.

I went into the MA at West Bridford today (in Wheatcroft's Garden Centre) and was chatting to the guy who runs it. He was asking me if I'd been to East Bridgford recently to see this great planted tank? :lol: I had a good chuckle at that!!! He was surprised at the amount of CO2 you were injecting!

I think the owner should get you trying out a load of different scapes Mark and you should get him to agree to this soon. Just think how a succession of great scapes in there would boost their sales and also give you another tank to try your skills on!!!

George, I agree.

It's a shame that my local stockist of tropica plants ruin them very quickly by lack of flow and insufficient CO2 (they use Tetraplant CO2 optimat cannisters) Also the display tank gets direct sunlight for a few hours during the day. They do dose tpn(+?) but how often I don't know.

What a waste of good plants!

I've managed to squeeze in a quick visit to the shop just to check on the status of the tank. the cloudy water is becoming nothing but a distant memory now :D

i wont go on about plant growth, hopefully the following image will show you how things are doing.

_MG_9488-01.jpg

excuse the fact that its slightly out of focus, i snapped it while talking to the JBL rep who coincidently loved what i was doing ;)

better images to follow over the weekend.

saintly said:
LondonDragon said:
Whats with all this free publicity for the store and non for UKAPS?? :p

with good reason mate, which i cant really say on line. 8)

This is the 21st Century. The information age. We're on the internet. The information super highway. This isn't a 1970s newspaper in East Berlin, you know.

On a different tack: I like the scape. The punters who made the comments about it not lasting must be eating their words.

scottturnbull said:
This is the 21st Century. The information age. We're on the internet. The information super highway. This isn't a 1970s newspaper in East Berlin, you know.

i know that, but it's not me you should be saying that to.

i wanted to use logos on my online journals but was told i couldn't, so currently i'm not using ANY logos anywhere. fairs fair.

scottturnbull said:
On a different tack: I like the scape. The punters who made the comments about it not lasting must be eating their words.

thanks, believe it or not the same individual who said the plants wouldn't last 5 minutes also said the tank should have some decorations so i'm adding a "no fishing" sign tomorrow

Back