• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

LondonDragon said:
That carpet looks better everytime I see it, congrats mate excelent tank indeed :)
That carpet looks better everytime I see it, congrats mate excelent tank indeed :)

cheers mate, it's a joy to keep tidy. it's making me want to use it again, but with the vast amounts of plants available for foregrounds, there's just not enough time to try them all.....what an exciting hobby eh? :D ......

i passed by the shop today, and found that my blyxa has turned into a weed. not only does it grow real fast now, but those little flowers i mentioned a few weeks back?.....there flowering now.

1 is open, and another is on its way. on quickly counting them theres about 13/14 in all :D pics at the weekend (didnt have camera)

samc said:
will you be stripping it down soon?

very. i've been given the all clear to re-scape. i want to try and do something a long the lines of dutch maybe. to show off stems and to give me a chance to try out trimming techniques etc....

the stems fill the tank now, even after trimming you can see in the image how dense the back wall of rotala is.

_MG_1344-02.jpg

you can also see the new tank just a little further down. considering it's just JBL aquabasis plus substrate, the growth is mega. :wideyed: it was supposed to be a long term scape too :lol: ....well hopefully longer than my home tanks at least 8)

I have to give a big, hand on heart thank you to George Farmer for his generosity in giving me a feature in the latest edition of PFK! i think i'd be safe in saying Jamesm too, is grateful.

To be asked in the first place was touching enough, but to actually see me and something i've done in a magazine is quite, well lets say...Nice!

if it was not for people like George and his commitment to the planted tank scene in this country the hobby wouldn't be where it is now!

_MG_1495-01.jpg

congrats on the feature :D
got my copy on my desk thats next to my tank and when some one looks in the tank i show them the pics of your tank and say thet plant there with the pink tops,look there pointing at my tank thats that plant no really that is that plant i bought some cuttings of him.....lol

going to be after some more when i get paid next week if youve got any more,its growing well and when it reaches the top im cutting and re-planting but want more...lol

soton_dave said:
when some one looks in the tank i show them the pics of your tank and say thet plant there with the pink tops,look there pointing at my tank thats that plant no really that is that plant i bought some cuttings of him.....lol

:lol: for that, you can HAVE the next lot! thanks Dave for the wonderful words! :D

glad i could bring a smile to your face,its people like you who keep me interested in the hobby,so talented yet so humble,theres nothing worse than someone with a talent who looks down on anyone not so talented.

cheers dave

soton_dave said:
glad i could bring a smile to your face,its people like you who keep me interested in the hobby,so talented yet so humble,theres nothing worse than someone with a talent who looks down on anyone not so talented.

cheers dave
Amen to that mate.

saintly said:
again dave, thanks. i reckon your lining me up for the whole load of stems next trim eh?...... :lol:

cheers bud

just giving credit where credits due,but to be fair i personaly havent noticed any one who's up there own blahblahblahblah on this forum which is refreshing

cheers dave

ps. its the hc ive got me eye on.....pmsl

Back