• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Henge part 2 MA @ eastbridgford

the neons have settled in a treat, it makes me wish i'd put huge numbers in months ago.

_MG_1539-02.jpg

TDI-line said:
Btw, what are those big white spots in the middle of the tank. ;)

lights. the reflections from the shop. i'd need to shut off every light in the shop which would be a task and a half.

thats one of the reasons no full tank shot for the big tank.

saintly said:
TDI-line said:
Btw, what are those big white spots in the middle of the tank. ;)

lights. the reflections from the shop. i'd need to shut off every light in the shop which would be a task and a half.

thats one of the reasons no full tank shot for the big tank.

Ahh, i see. I know your a pro, so i was just testing you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

well ive put an image on here somewhere but here's one where it should be.

as of today.....

_MG_1777-01.jpg

and a "fake" trimming shot :lol: staged photography eh?.....

_MG_1778-01.jpg

AdAndrews said:
Amazing, everything about it seems perfect, cant wait to get my own iwagumi now

cheers matey. if i can help i will :D

Vito said:
Awesome as usual saintly, I love the HC, has to be my fav plant in any aquarium, how are you stoping the HC and the Dwarf hairgrass grwoing together

it's something i leave alone. i initially planted grass at the back of the path and, slowly over 6 months it's crawled right to the front entangling everything that gets in its way.

you cant tell from these images but its got riccia growing in it now which looks beautiful. the only thing i trim is around the stones to get back the sharp edges.

the more you trim acicularis the denser it will come back IME, but that goes with a lot of plants

Its looking wild, but great.
Reminds me of this wayne sham number
165.jpg

How are you liking the neons in there?
They look all over the place now, like most "shoaling" fish in a tank after a while. :)

jay said:
Its looking wild, but great.

cheers jay. it's pretty much self maintaining now. the only thing i have to do now is trim the stems. i'm not going to it like i did neither and when i do return it still looks great. i was so close to pulling the plug, but im glad i didnt. this is probably the longest scape i've ever had and they seem to take on a different look.

i suppose this is what they mean by "it will look great once grown in"....?

anyway, it's taught me loads of lessons which i'm looking forward to introducing into my future scapes

jay said:
Reminds me of this wayne sham number

blimey, if i ever came even close to the quality of those guys i'd be happy. these are the guys i look up to and this is what i am towards. i get that warm feeling inside when i think about my future ventures, but sadly i'm beginning to realise that public forums are REAL dangerous places, so i may go into hibernation for a while....walls have ears and all that.

jay said:
How are you liking the neons in there?

better than i thought. a bit scatty, but no real worries. the public love em. it's the shear number that impress i think.

saintly said:
as of today.....
_MG_1777-01.jpg

Looking great Mark :) I really like how in this photo, to me at least, the Blyxa looks like fireworks exploding!

Will it get to a point where you won't be able to trim the rotala much more, and need to start again, or will you call it end of life if that happens? (new challenges are always tempting :))

Ray said:
It always looked superb but now its established it is something else

Thanks my friend. it's nice to see you about again :D

Ray said:
I imagine the trimmings each time must be quite impressive now also.

roughly, well over 200! :wideyed: the last lot ended up in the bin, but the next lot I'm giving to some close friends :D shame to waist them.

SteveUK said:
I really like how in this photo, to me at least, the Blyxa looks like fireworks exploding!

thanks steve, this tank gave me an opportunity to practice trimming blyxa, i've managed to find a way of trimming it so you see the front rather than the top and getting height too :D

SteveUK said:
Will it get to a point where you won't be able to trim the rotala much more, and need to start again, or will you call it end of life if that happens? (new challenges are always tempting :))

of course, the rotala is such an easy plant to maintain, each trim i just inch my way up and eventually it'll get to the point where enough is enough. notice the blyxa gradually getting higher to hide the lower portions of rotala?....the right wasn't planted with blyxa. many, many lessons learnt, i feel i'm coming to a point where i might just create an iwagumi that's at least 70% right as opposed to just 50% or for that matter a scape! that's 70% right.

my next scape contains 90% stems, in fact theres 15 varieties of plants going in my 60cm (trendy plants :lol: ) so more lesson to be learnt. I'm going away to learn, then I'll be back.

SteveUK said:
Looking great Mark :) I really like how in this photo, to me at least, the Blyxa looks like fireworks exploding!

That's exactly how it looks, spot on with the description! Especially with the cardinals darting about for an extra splash of colour

Joecoral said:
That's exactly how it looks, spot on with the description! Especially with the cardinals darting about for an extra splash of colour

cheers guys,

i've come back from the shop today, and the stems are glowing! I put on the wide angle lens (which i never do) and took a couple....not sure what you make of it though. it gives a completely different view 8)

fromtheheavens.jpg

seeing as you liked the last so much here's another :lol:

it's the reddest i've got em'.....the funny thing is, i dont know how to do it ar will :(

_MG_1874-01.jpg

Back