• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

Some good growth on even the slow growing epiphytes

IMG_20191216_184331_386.jpg

Inspirational bud. I'm looking at setting up an island design this weekend after paying AG a visit to get some goodies and ideas. I will take some of your tank into the planning stage :p:p

So in your last full tank shot, is that how its staying? Or do you still need to add the pieces of wood that were removed and have a re-design?

Cheers @Ryan Thang To and good to see you're back posting and updating your journals buddy :thumbup: happy with how it's going and enjoying the journey

Very kind of you @Mark Keetch and you're more than welcome to take the good and learn from the bad of whatever I do :lol:

All wood has been put back in and I'll get another FTS once I've sorted out the foreground planting and maintenance now I've completed the rear stem overhaul ;)

Forgot to comment about the ADA comment but @CooKieS pretty much sums it up :lol:

I'll be ordering a vivid 2 to replace my vivid 1 in the coming months ;)

Very kind of you @Mark Keetch and you're more than welcome to take the good and learn from the bad of whatever I do :lol:

All wood has been put back in and I'll get another FTS once I've sorted out the foreground planting and maintenance now I've completed the rear stem overhaul ;)
Haha. I gain at your expense :lol::lol: Look forward to seeing the pics bud.

I'll be starting my journal again as the first 2 pages are of my old setup which is nothing like what the tank is going to look like after this weekend :):)

Not worth it, better buy 2x chihiros vivid 2 :)
Hi
Depends on the colour to be honest. Ada rgb is still one of the best i seen also the results remarkable. I've not seen what the chihiros can do yet so i can't compare.

Here a little example. From kessil to ada 5 days since the swap over
IMG-20180117-144718-965.jpg

The new ADA Solar RGB is without doubt king, their new RGB I'm sure is great but the design just isn't the sleek and minimal ADA standard we are used to (and I personally like), I've moved to pendant lights for any big tanks now as the benefits for maintenance is massive so the vivid does a great job at punching above its weight and I rate it over my previous twinstar

The new ADA Solar RGB is without doubt king, their new RGB I'm sure is great but the design just isn't the sleek and minimal ADA standard we are used to (and I personally like), I've moved to pendant lights for any big tanks now as the benefits for maintenance is massive so the vivid does a great job at punching above its weight and I rate it over my previous twinstar
Oh yes pendant is better overall. I wanted to use my ada rgb on my 60p but it look way to silly. I will be upgrading to the new aquasky rgb once it available in the uk.

When is the new vivid 2 available buddy? I need to see what it look like first

Hi
Depends on the colour to be honest. Ada rgb is still one of the best i seen also the results remarkable. I've not seen what the chihiros can do yet so i can't compare.

Here a little example. From kessil to ada 5 days since the swap over
IMG-20180117-144718-965.jpg

Well, in my expérience, every led Can grow plants, I even had better results with white led (Ada aquasky, chihiros a series) than with rgb.

The oversaturated colours of the Ada Solar rgb aren't my cup of tea and well, for that hefty pricetag I Can get an full 90cm setup with cheaper brands and grow plants too.

Oh yes pendant is better overall. I wanted to use my ada rgb on my 60p but it look way to silly. I will be upgrading to the new aquasky rgb once it available in the uk.

When is the new vivid 2 available buddy? I need to see what it look like first

It's already available on aliexpress for example, for about 300bucks:D

Cheers @Geoffrey Rea the h'ra and hottonia are settling in nicely and looking forward to getting some new growth from them, I just need to try and tease out these reds now....

Under 5ppm of NO3 and light up to 75% (for 4 hours then very low for 3 hours for viewing time) so fingers crossed

Back