• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

Thanks @Siege, yeh la plata is my go to now and fits what I want perfectly. Cheers but I already have some which I've added (in vitro) so will see how it does, but I'm thinking of adding something else to the sides of the rotala so will see....

Cheers @aquascape1987

Quick shot since the rest of the tank is still fizzy after a water change...

IMG_20190922_191715_073.jpg

Water change fizz

Added 12x Embers today (will be adding 9 more next week), they have settled in great and are not shy or jumpy in the slightest, the CPD's responded straight away by being more outgoing and confident and seem to have made friends already with a few of the more colourful males joining the group of embers for long spells and swimming together

IMG_20190922_194502_720.jpg

Thanks @Jayefc1

So my ruthless shrimp have decided they weren't going to give the poorly parva (left) a chance to recover after being left on a window sill and planted 4 days later than the same batch of parva on the right and have decimated it, another pot of parva it is then!

IMG_20190923_175024_069.jpg

Well it’s pretty obvious (to even the dullest shrimp in the crew) THAT parva was going to contaminate the entire tank with its loathsome DOCs :wideyed:

For crypts in similar state, I just trim all the stems at soil level - if the rhizomes are healthy they’ll make a comeback (just parva can be rather laggardly about it) - your shrimp were just following the same guidelines :D

Yeh exactly they are too efficient! They've obviously seen the good condition of every other plant and didn't want this poorly specimen littering their front garden, new pot ordered as well as a couple more crypts

Also going to get another 2-3 post of rotala from AG and going to try some tropica soil instead of amazonia in my other 45P tank

Due a clean and water change but just wanted to share the latest simple purchase after seeing how handy it is on the green aqua videos

Work smarter not harder...

IMG_20190927_182448_109.jpg

Worth buying, I’ve seen them and thought they look smart in pictures?

I have a maintenance trolley coming for my birthday as the better half is fed up with me storing crap on the dining table.

https://www.bigdug.co.uk/trucks-trolleys-c22/shelf-trolleys-c189/plastic-tray-trolleys-p17216

“No point in putting it away as I’ll use it next week” is growing rather stale as an excuse, so I’ve been told that’s what I’m getting!

I asked “where will I then put the trolley with stuff on? Didn’t get a full answer but the gist was “I don’t care, it won’t be on the table!” :lol:

Haha love it @CooKieS

I think it'll very quickly pay for itself £12 after a few trims of rotala and not dripping water everywhere like I normally do @Jayefc1

You're not messing about are you @Siege :lol: Best I've done is buying this and also go a magnetic kitchen knife holder on the side for tools...

Screenshot_20190927-204016_Instagram.jpg

Yeh as simple as that @Jayefc1 but I used tiny cable ties instead of an elastic band

Works great and top still floats unlike when you insert foam etc.. noticed a slight film on the surface but this cleans it up perfectly, just toying with the idea of running it 24/7 or just when co2 is off...

Will have a search and see what the general consensus is

pH profile sundays

Sitting at 8bps with skimmer running all day, nice lime green for lights on and and upped the vivid to 35% after it being on 30% the first week (it's only on 1% in this photo.....)

IMG_20190929_200120_954.jpg

Last edited:
Back