• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

Works great and top still floats unlike when you insert foam etc.. noticed a slight film on the surface but this cleans it up perfectly, just toying with the idea of running it 24/7 or just when co2 is off...

Will have a search and see what the general consensus is

Your tip doesn't work on mine unfortunately :(

Had to go back to my old trick with mesh...that eheim skim needs an v2.0 with livestock protection !

Your tip doesn't work on mine unfortunately :(

Had to go back to my old trick with mesh...that eheim skim needs an v2.0 with livestock protection !

How come? I've found a small issue with it in that after a while (about 12-24 hours of running) it builds up an air bubble and then starts spitting out air from the outlet

Remedied this by having it on a timer to shut off for 15 min every couple of hours but I'm going to see if I can make another version with a hole in the middle so it can just be run 24/7

Water change, trimming, a few stone details....and more planting done tonight, just finished so no progress pics till tomorrow as I'm calling it a night

Needed done before the new arrivals turn up...

How come? I've found a small issue with it in that after a while (about 12-24 hours of running) it builds up an air bubble and then starts spitting out air from the outlet

Remedied this by having it on a timer to shut off for 15 min every couple of hours but I'm going to see if I can make another version with a hole in the middle so it can just be run 24/7

I'm running it at full power and 24/7, got the same issue: spitting air bubbles After few hours running with the tights on it...

Found that this solution works best in my setup;

191002115454159043.jpg

Cheers

Apologies @Janci and @Jayefc1 I've not had much time for pictures as been working every hour under the sun this week

But the good news is both settled in great and also seem to get on great with all current inhabitants, they seem to have brought out the CPD's who follow the male around and I've found him bunking down with them behind the centre rock at nights, female had made the cave to the left her home

IMG_20191006_195232_713.jpg
IMG_20191006_195710_543.jpg

And a quick tank shot 2 weeks in, it got its first trim of rotala on tuesday when I added 2 pots of rotala yao yai and some more crypts, larva also replanted and a couple of stone details to the left but more to come

No w/c for 4 days now so that will be done and the sand cleaned tomorrow night, low water level as a precaution with the new arrivals

Screenshot_20191006-201707_Instagram.jpg

The apistogrammas looks stunning. Even when only freshly added to the tank.

How do you like the lamp so far?
Does is not heat up a lot? I have read a remark about this.

Thanks @Janci, the female settled in straight away and coloured up but the male took a little while longer but now seems to be enjoying life and getting used to his new surroundings, both eating well

I'm running it on 35% at present and it's cold to the touch, have ran it at 70% for over an hour and was still cool, running it 100% it gets warm but I can't see me ever running it that high, its blindingly bright at full power

Back