• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

After a small diatom outbreak a couple of weeks ago and BBA appearing on the high flow areas I've cleaned the filter twice in 3 weeks, water changes every 3/4 days and dosing 15ml excel at water changes only (as well as spot dosing some areas of BBA) and it has made a huge difference and cleared most of it up nicely

Lights now up to 50%

10 more embers and 4 amanos added 2 days ago

Wow mate there are some beautiful colours on the live stock the cpd's look very healthy
And that is some serious pearling i love watching tanks pearl there is something about producing oxygen that is satisfying
How are the apistogrammas with the cherry shrimps now
Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Those apistogrammas looks great and bring a good contrast to the rest of the tank.
Curious to see how it looks after maintenance.

Thanks @Jayefc1 they have all coloured up brilliantly and seem to be doing great

After the water change fizz disappears it's great to see proper pearling, give me an indication co2 is doing its job and I'm on the right track

Apistos have calmed down a lot and settled really well with them and 90% of the time they'll swim right by them, they have their occasional moments of madness with anything that comes in the front left of the tank but mostly they are prettly chilled

Thanks @Janci will be trimming today so will try and get pics later

Embers and CPDs inspecting the newly cleaned glass work

IMG_20191112_081856_552.jpg

Post trim, all weeping moss removed from left side and top right branch, soon to be replaced by more riccardia top right (obsessed with this stuff) and more buce bottom left (wanting a fair bit so need to try some different suppliers or it'll get expensive)

IMG_20191112_181049_395.jpg

Much appreciated as always @Jayefc1

Now I just need to get my 2 other tanks up to scratch....

Sad news, came home to find the male apisto had passed, he had been hiding and not feeding the last few days so something wasn't quite right with him, he has been doing great up until now and all others including female apisto are doing great, no spikes in parameters or alterations in tank and no visible signs of disease so maybe just his time, RIP wee man

IMG_20191120_173706_903.jpg

Sad news, came home to find the male apisto had passed, he had been hiding and not feeding the last few days so something wasn't quite right with him, he has been doing great up until now and all others including female apisto are doing great, no spikes in parameters or alterations in tank and no visible signs of disease so maybe just his time, RIP wee man

View attachment 129232

Shame as he was a nice looking fish

Thanks @Paul27 @Janci @Jayefc1

All other fish are doing great including the female apisto, I'll be keeping an eye on the female over the next couple of weeks to make it's nothing disease related and all being well then I'll look into getting another male to keep her company

Thanks as always @Jayefc1 @Janci

This tank is going well (touch manzanita wood...) but changes incoming for my other 2 tanks

Might introduce another stem plant to break up the rotala as well but not sure what yet...

Nice view! You don't look like you're getting much light spill from the Vivid, mine feels like its lighting up the whole room. What % you running it at there?

Looks a really nice place to chill out in. Looks likea fair bit of growth since you last posted a photo too.

Back