• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Island - ADA 75P - It's been a while....

Thanks @MrStoffel I'm liking the look of the thinner leaves of the h'ra and yao yai against the thicker orange juice, didn't realise OJ was a much faster grower than the rest when first planting so it's much better planted at the back instead of directly behind the rocks as well now

Cheers @Mark Keetch the fish are ember tetras

@Kalum Yeah i get that. I have a similar problem in my tank where i planted some R. rotundifolia in front of R. Walichii. Not realising that the rotundifolia is a much faster grower. :) Lets see if i can keep up with trimming. Otherwise i will have to do a replant as well.

Tank is featured in one of tropicas community features on instagram

Get voting if on there :thumbup: no.8
Screenshot_20200114-160138_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200114-160112_Instagram.jpg

I am not on there or would have but tank looks great in that picture

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Do we need a surface skimmer? I am setting up new tank (roma 240) and buying all the kit not got a surface skimmer yet

Do we need a surface skimmer? I am setting up new tank (roma 240) and buying all the kit not got a surface skimmer yet

You don't need one but i find it helps massively as i tend to get a biofilm without (due to having a downwards style lily pipe)

Thanks @Paul27 :thumbup:

I've managed to get quite a few votes so happy with just that tbh, some of the guys and girls in it have 7000+ followers and are pro scapers that do it for a living so I'm sure they'll win overall :lol: it's just nice to be featured tbh

I've managed to get quite a few votes so happy with just that tbh, some of the guys and girls in it have 7000+ followers and are pro scapers that do it for a living so I'm sure they'll win overall :lol: it's just nice to be featured tbh

You've made it into the top ten which is an achievement in itself. Regardless who wins your tank looks great!

No rest for the wicked when rotala is involved, another big trim and replant

20200119_141512.jpg

For about 4 months @Mark Keetch

Theres no rule and you don't even need to use them at all if you don't want to, but you need to make sure you have the mature plant mass to be able to cope without, I've kept them in a holding tank just in case I tip the balance of the tank by removing or if the fish start jumping since they are used to them

I love the clean look without but I did grow to like them, especially as they help the balance of a tank no end

Last edited:
For about 4 months @Mark Keetch

Theres no rule and you don't even need to use them at all if you don't want to, but you need to make sure you have the mature plant mass to be able to cope without, I've kept them in a holding tank just in case I tip the balance of the tank by removing or if the fish start jumping since they are used to them

I live the clean look without but o did grow to like them, especially as they help the balance of a tank no end

Ah right ok. Tank has only been running not even a week now so I got a long way to go before it's all settled in. Lol.
Your floaters are much bigger than the ones I got in mine so I might need to get some more or bigger ones.

Your tank looks the nuts by the way. Well done for the Tropica feature. Well deserved

Thanks @Mark Keetch that's much appreciated bud :thumbup:

Just had a quick look at your journal and probably not what you want to hear but I'd definitely get a load of floaters in and will help you deal with algae the first couple of months, if you have a lot of fast growing stems then they will help as well

Thanks @Mark Keetch that's much appreciated bud :thumbup:

Just had a quick look at your journal and probably not what you want to hear but I'd definitely get a load of floaters in and will help you deal with algae the first couple of months, if you have a lot of fast growing stems then they will help as well

Thanks for the advice bud. I do have some floating plants but not many. I should probably get a few more. Fast growers in the tank are Heteranthera Zosterifolia, Hygrophila Compact and 4 or 5 stems of orange juice.

15794724231197852521900048521828.jpg

Hi mate,
Ho do you see the votes?
I'm a big noob on Insta :D

Hi mate,
Ho do you see the votes?
I'm a big noob on Insta :D

You need to just look through the comments mate and total them yourself, no automatic counter unfortunately :lol:

Back