• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Lonely mountain -Final photo before taking it down

Nice scape antoni, if its any help the lampeyes will jump and if the pencils are of the same nature as beckfordi they will probably take a dive out of the tank as well, I'm keeping boraras species in an open top and as of yet no jumpers
Thanks Tim! This will then take off the lampeyes and nanostomus out of the equation...
The Boraras are nice, one of my all time favorite, but the rock is quite redish as well and they might blend in with it...

The s. alxelrodi would look ace in this scape.
Can you manage to get hold of all these fish?

Thanks Ian, yes the S. Axelrodi were the first choice... but now the duel is between the Boraras and the Axelrodi... :bookworm:

MY LFS have the both species in stock and can deliver the other 2.

My experience with Borara is that they are beautiful but very shy. So they tend to hidden out of sight most of the time. What about the Paracheirodon simulans?

The simulans are nice too, the problem is that I can find only big ones in my LFS. All the fish are above 2 cm....

Hi guys,

just thought that will do a little update on this one:

The scape is still going, this is probably my longest lasting scape so far it is almost 9 months old o_O
After lots of neglect, many problems with diatoms, BBA and numerous change of plants composition, I have finally achieved a look I am happy with.
The hardscape is almost untouched but the planting is completely different. I have learned a lot along this long and sometimes frustrating transformation.

The plants used at the moment are:

Cladophora
Monte carlo
Bacopa compacta,
Fissidens fontanus
Glossostigma elatinoides
Amania Bonsai
Penthorum Sedoides
Aponogeton Reflexa - it is temporary there but is an interesting addition :p
Marsilea Hirsuta

The monte carlo still needs to grow a bit more, to cover the area, but we are almost there :)

Be ready for some pictures tomorrow ;)

Reactions: tim
Hi guys,

here is a shot of the tank I did today. As I mentioned yesterday, the monte carlo needs a bit more time to create a nice dense carpet and also the aponogeton will be removed for the final shot. It creates a bit of surreal appeal of the tank at the moment... maybe volcano.... anyway it was placed there initially, as I didn't have where to store it and it has grown beautifully.

green+balance_s.jpe

Back