• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Lonely One

Gill

Decided to Start another Pico.
Container: Whiskey Tumbler
Size: 5*5*5cm
Substrate: Play Sand
Hardscape: Either Stone or wood depending on what is in my pico hardscape tub.
Plants: Marimo Moss, Peacock Moss, Climacum japonicum, and maybe riccia as floating plant.
Will put up pix once I have cleaned everything up and started the scaping.

So dug out the tumbler and supplies from the garage.
Went to find my bottles of ferropol and they were missing, found them behind the tank eaten. So poured what was left into a small bottle. Probably the rat got to them.
Scooped out a few fronds of Peacock Moss, and one Marimo Moss Pad. With only light from the small window, they are still a lush green. so very happy.
Boiled the bogwood shards to make sure they would not float.
Washed the moss', ans started to scape away.
Play sand was a bit murky looking so used some sand from one of the daphnia buckets.
I scaped it all up, and used tweezers to simply lay the peacock moss onto the wood. and it has stayed put.
Added a nice clump of Fissidens in the background, will see how it looks when it matures.

Pix
DSC_0325_zpsde8f6a68.jpg

DSC_0327_zps97b65418.jpg

DSC_0331_zps03935303.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0325_zpsde8f6a68.jpg
    DSC_0325_zpsde8f6a68.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0327_zps97b65418.jpg
    DSC_0327_zps97b65418.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0331_zps03935303.jpg
    DSC_0331_zps03935303.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 111
ROFL, due to todays lovely sunlight. The Marimo has pearled so much that the scape has floated to the top of the tumbler, And will not stay down.

I was just going to say it looked nice then gill haha

I know, the marimo is still pearling away. so have left it alone, will grab a pack of plant weights from the range. Or might shape a peice of slate to tie it onto.

Back