• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Matrix

I was worried about dosing ferts, and how many spoons to use. Then someone pointed out that there is no spoon.

Everyone I know who grows amazing plants.....doesn't follow the "rules", but they don't really break them either.

But Zion ended up being a multigenerational illusion of freedom as well.;) In a way, who cares if it's ADA's, Walstad's, Clive's or a hybrid of all... I'm listening to everyone and just using the bits that work for me and discarding the rest...

But Zion ended up being a multigenerational illusion of freedom as well.;) In a way, who cares if it's ADA's, Walstad's, Clive's or a hybrid of all... I'm listening to everyone and just using the bits that work for me and discarding the rest...

Pretty much my way of thinking too, although all opinions aren't totally discarded. They'll always be there in the back of my mind, you never know when a certain situation might need them ;)

Common sense should rule out completely ridiculous products, although a lot will fall for it :(

The only thing I don't like is people trying to ram things down my throat in an aggressive manner, wether that be companies or people. Everyone has their thoughts and opinions, feel free to express them in a friendly way, just let me have mine too :)

As an example though, test kits. How else would I know what's happening in my water without them? I'm aware this is a planted/scape biased forum, but some people do keep fish which are more than 90p each just added as an after thought, never mind the fishes health anyway.......but then this leads into fish don't care about PH or nitrates etc etc etc

As long as they at least give me a vague idea, it's a lot more accurate than me just staring at the tank shouting out random ppm's :woot:

Last edited:
I completely understand that in a high tech aquarium the waste of fish will be used up faster than they can build up so there is little point so i can see why they become useless in that kind of set up.
If you are doing 50% water changes daily like is widely advised i can apreciate that this will also render testing useless as you are diluting any nasties hugely.
My conclusion on this aspect of the matrix is that high tech tanks/ extreme maintainence render test kits useless unless you are aiming to keep sensative species, in which case youd be best off focusing on the inhabitants rather than the plants.

Back