• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Next Episode - 800 litres

Cheers martin.

Agree with the flatness. That's all the bleheri. I do have uraguayensis, grandifloras and radicans at the back which should be up and out by now, but they're just shaded a bit by the wood.

I've already been thinking about this and have 2 options. Pull them and temporarily plant them at the front in brighter light, to give them a kick up the backside, or add a 39w T5 to the rear of the tank.

I'm thinking the extra T5 would be the better option. If I just pulled then replanted, the newer leaves would still be in shade, so back to the original problem.

I'll have look at water lilies when I get back tonight.

Cheers.

Could some of the flatness we are seeing be the angle of the photograph and the camera adjusting to because of the light above? The June picture angle is better. Is the room lit in the last shot?

Can the lights be angled, moved front to back or in height? I thought you had shown us or talked about the stand but after having a quick skim back through, didn't see anything.

Maybe spots at the rear instead of tubes.

It could be, I'll get a photo from the same angle as June, but I do understand what he means. Like Mick Dk mentioned somewhere else in the thread about creating a hedge. Once the big swords round the back kick in, it should look a bit better, but me sat here now looking at it, I'm not thinking OMG look how flat that is, it looks OK. I don't want OK though :D

To angle the light I can just move the nut up on down on the bolts either at the front or back. No need for height adjustment really as its dimmable. Could be done though if needed. What I can't do though without buying more ali angle, is backwards and forwards.

I've already got the things needed to put a 39w T5 on, so didn't see much point doing anything else really. I'm building a hood for on a day to day basis so this will hide it anyway. I lose around 8 litres a day evaporation so need to do something about it.

You could add a water lily to the left (back) and let it's leaves reach the surface.

Order in, not sure if I may have a few issues though o_O

image_zpsjcl6mkpr.jpe

I just found some scrap Perspex so had an idea. Why don't I make a "mini episode" with no filtration or heating especially suited to a Siamese fighting fish....:thumbup:.......

image_zpszikbn9sx.jpe

......of course not :D:angelic::rolleyes:

It's a little plant pot on stilts :lol:

image_zpshhuubhro.jpe

I've just planted it with uraguyensis and radicans, so hopefully they'll kick into life now they're out of the shadows. If it does work I'll buy some more Perspex and I think I'll make one long trough along the back to plant up.

Since the photo was taken I've drilled holes in every side apart from the black front side. It's hidden by the wood anyway on full frontal, but when looking at from the side you only notice the clear sides, obviously I'll just use black if I make a full length version.

Back