• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The old man's 125ltr

jay

Hey peeps, well whilst my tank is getting the algae treatment, my dad has asked me to sort out his tank in the living room.
Its my old Fluval Roma 125 with Fluval 205 external filter.

Its fairly low light with just two T8 20Watt tubes. Managed to get Interpet Daylights for £10 each so it looks nice and crisp.
Image346.jpg

Aquasoil at the back 4 inches to sand front bout and 1.5 inches Got lil slate and wood pieces covered in moss to block the soil from covering the sand.

Nice sumatra wood, I've always said i dont like this stuff but my dad insisted... its growing on me :)
Covered up with java moss and flame moss with anubias barteri nana and microsorum 'narrow'.
Leftover mini landscape rocks.

Some nice easy stems for the back... bacopa, maybe some hygro, kept small and compact... hairgass for the middle with moss and tenellus. various crypts dotted around.

Hopefully get Co2 added and easy dosing.

He's old and forgetful :lol:

Just can't seem to find any nice easy stems at the moment!
Got a couple little pots of bacopa australis... thats it :?

Just wondering, can I use Aqua Soil without needing to use pressurized Co2?
Just thinking with all the nutrients coming from it, does the water need lots of Co2 to drive the nutrients to the plants?

my 125ltr set up is exactly the same as yours 40watts of lighting and im growing stems and plants easily without pressruized co2 just dose easycarbo its simple enough and efective

Does Easycarbo have the algaecide effect of Seachem Excel?
Any pro's to it other than price?

Nice, this tank is going to be a piece of cake.

*hopes he doesn't end up eating his foot*

Finished up planting some odd plants I picked up and the fish have been in for a week.
Vallis sp.
Bacopa australis
eleocharis parvula and acicularis
pogostemon helferi
java moss
Decided to get rid of the mini landscape rocks and collected a load of pebbles (washed and boiled) to block the corydoras from mixing AS with sand
DSCN0305.jpg

Basically just need to let it grow... ssssslllllooooooowwwwwllllyyyy :)

Thanks.

I really love the cobbles, It's rare to see water washed rocks in a scape and I think these work really well. Well done.

Cheers!
This tank has had a bit of a change around lately, (new pics soon!) and the form of the cobbles are much more natural, rather than just a barrier.
I've got rid of the vallis and added more java fern. I'm going for like a mini version of Amano's giant home tank.
Been checking out cau-art lately and realizing theres more to our hobby than mini landscape rocks :D
(they are awesome though) hehe

Back