• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Rock Fortress - Iwagumi - Plants are in! (Sort of)

Re: Keith's First Iwagumi

I can also get a multphosphor 5400k, will that be nicer at full white?

Ok, bought a 5000k multiphosphor tube :)

Okay, we're at page 3 already. How many times have you changed your stones? :lol: The previous 12 times before you actually created your journal don't count either. I'm just playing with you. :thumbup:

Seriously, I'm glad you like it. The bulb will look better to your eyes, I think. I've known people grow plants with over 10000k, but it's a matter of how it looks to you. 5000k will be fine.

Update:

Plants are now confirmed for wednesday. New lamp hopefully coming around monday-tuesday. Purchased a 100ml bottle of TPN+ for ferts.
Went to boots today and picked up some nail scissors and tweesers for the planting. (They didnt have any long types).

Ok, TPN (Not TPN+ as i had earlier assumed i had purchased) arrived today. Im expecting the new tube to come tomorrow as well as the plants which have been confirmed for tomorrow. Now we can get onto some planting.

Can anyone do me a favour and use paint to draw in on this picture where they think the hairgrass would be best placed? I just have no idea.. Im just going to go for an even foreground spread of the glosso :)

100_0707.jpg

You sure you're using Vivipara and not Acicularis or Parvulla? Vivipara tends to grow 50cm or more and is quite thick.

The grass in my journal is Acicularis.

Order Inventory:product: Glossostigma ElatinoidesOptions: Quantity - 5
Quantity: 2
Product Code: 1455
Price: £4.90Product: Eleocharis Vivipara Tall hairgrassOptions: Quantity - Potted
Quantity: 2
Product Code: 1420
Price: £4.00

Re: The Rock Fortress - Iwagumi

Lamp has just arrived, nice and white :D. Plants should come soon. This so far is my plan, tell me what you think.
100_0707-1.jpg

Yeah, but its already been ordered and dispatched. Ill try and pick some up when i have more money. How should i go about planting the hairgrass?

Ok! Plants arrived!

On the sad side it looks like ive ordered just a little too little. Glosso mostly covers the foreground but there are gaps around the side. Lets just let it grow in!

Im filling the tank as we speak and will get pictures and pt 2 of the video up shortly.

Ok, here are the pics and video.
How much more glosso and hairgrass should i order, or can anyone recommend an additional plant to go with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI51FXXm37s

Tank before planting with new lamp:
100_0730.jpg

Cut up the glosso stems onto a plate:
100_0731.jpg

Two pots of hairgrass:
100_0732.jpg

Planted, but very naked..:
100_0735.jpg

That's okay, it'll fill in. Good job on separating the glosso and I really like the new light. :thumbup:

Also, the glosso you can see planted was '10' in plantsalive quantity.

Ive just bought another 25.

Good news! The glosso is sending out runners. CO2 is beginning to kick in. Some of the glosso though is slightly yellow :S

Back