• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Rock Fortress - Iwagumi - Plants are in! (Sort of)

Update:

3 days since planting. Glosso sending out more runners, trimmed hairgrass slightly. CO2 installed and filter and heater installed.

Video:

100_0740.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0743.jpg

Oh wow, thank you very much! Were do you think i should plant it?

depends what look your going for mate, I think its common to have it towards the rear especially in a tank size like yours because they do grow quite tall, but obviously no way near as Vivapara but the vivapara didnt seem to spread for me, its a very annoying plant to maintain but as I have said before if you trim the new growth at the tips it will help to keep it in check. My opinion on the planting would be to plant at the rear around the vivapara and when its fully carpeted and spread out just give it a gradual trim so its lower at the sides and higher toward the Vivapara. Just a thought. What ever you do I am sure it will suit.
All the best mate

Thanks Vito! Huge bag of hairgrass just arrived. Planting soon.

Ok, its all planted! I spread around some of your gravel for nutrition purposes (i have none..) and all hairgrass is planted! Much nicer than the stuff i bought.

Pics uploading. One clump had some hair algae on it, but nothing much. There were a few unused clumps so they are keeping wet in a bowl. What is the other plant you sent along with the grass, really stalky roots.

Ok, so yesterdays picture was after i had just planted some more glosso, but surprisingly not that much. Alot of it had grown in itself. When i recieved my '25' glosso from plants alive! about half of it was dead :¬. But all is well, i contacted them and they were more than happy to send some replacements!

Back