• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Twelve Pins - My Osaka 320

browning IRL

Any one who has followed my "Help My Osaka 320 Needs you" thread will recognise my tank. After about 2 months of trying to sort an iwagumi set up , finally the tank height subdued me and I decided to try the wood approach where height is a lot easier obtained. Here is a picture of my 1st try. Please let me know what you think. I have named it the Twelve Pins after a mountain range here in Ireland. There are indeed 12 differnent pinnacles in the tank.

DSC_0527.jpg

Cheers,

John

I like it :) I think the wood on the right could you jumbling up a bit, as it all points in the same direction currently and might look more pleasing to the eye if they were positioned 'out of sink' with each other. Also, the rocks dont seem to add much to the scape currently.

Once the plants are in and growing it should look great :)

Sam

Looks great John - as already said it will look great planted up ! The Osaka's are definitely better suited to taller hardscape.

If I were to make a suggestion it would be to try to stagger the heights of the left hand sticks a ibt, it would be great if one could reach even higher towards the surface (can you stretch driftwood :lol: )

Good luck with it :D

Tony

I personally think the left hand side shouldn't be touched. Will look great with correct plants growing around/on it.

I think the same as Themuleous about the right hand side. the second piece which in front of the third could be angled to point forward a little bit. Then when the plants grow it may be a case of not seeig the bottom of it and the top part 'peeking' through the plants.

The piece at the back is a bit of a waste at the moment as it will get lost once the plants grow.

AC

Now THAT is more like it. Great pieces of wood, really well placed for a first attempt.
What's your planting ideas?

Back