• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The X Factor

It was more what she sung,wasn't out and out rude,just that she goes eeeuuuhhh at the end of every word,suppose you had to actually hear it to appreciate it.

Good singer but............Yawn, Yawn....boring.

Needless to say another warbler on the radio which I no longer listen to anyway ;)

AC

She will never amount to much. I thought JLS were the best of the night.

I won't argue with her singing ability. No question she has a superb singing voice but then so do thousands of brits. The thing is what makes her different to them (does she have the X factor) and the answer i'm afraid is no. 12 live shows and 12 perfect immitations of other singers, their styles and their gestures.

She will do well as the female version of Joe Longthorne though.

Was a little disappointing this season after high expectations (pre judge's houses.) All started to get a little boring with little 'real' talent and by the last few weeks I was quite bored with the whole thing.

Tom - I won't be auditioning because whilst I have a very good singing voice (I can sing in tune as well unlike many of the finalist), I can play guitar, bass and keyboard too.

However I am far too ugly (see avatar ;)) I don't have the body of an athlete. I have much more to think about than pipe dreams of being a puppet at the beck and call of some music mogul's publicity ideals 24/7.

I have 2 children and so I think it better to 'Not do this for them' as that would mean they would see less of me ;)

I am far too honest to be interviewed in 'Take That' week saying. 'They're great, they've done it all. What an experience' when I would really be thinking 'They're not too bad now but they were crap when they were young and popular with the teenies' and 'Is this the best act Simon Cowell could get? He only needs to get 10 acts for 10 shows'.

So no....unless I lose interest in my children, get prettier, build my body up, lose my honesty, become a dreamer and not mind being pushed around for the sake of publicity....I will put up with moaning about the people who have so little in their lives that they think that this is life.

It is good to have a moan at the saddos that do think this though. lol

AC

So, Alexandras won. I have to admit, I did come to like her a bit more... but just a bit. Beyonce did really make her look crap, though. I knew Beyonce coud sing, but I didn't know she was that amazing.

The winners single was alright, not too bad but nothing amazing.

Basically, Diana should have been there.

Thomas McMillan said:
So, Alexandras won. I have to admit, I did come to like her a bit more... but just a bit. Beyonce did really make her look crap, though. I knew Beyonce coud sing, but I didn't know she was that amazing.

The winners single was alright, not too bad but nothing amazing.

Basically, Diana should have been there.

My jaw was almost touching the floor at Beyonce's performance.I have one of her albums which I love,but omg,to be born with a voice like that.Superb.

All Beyonce needs to improve is to learn what an instrumental break is and stop singing (sorry warbling) over them. A lot of these singers cannot bare any instruments to be heard when they themselves can do their acrobatics over these sections.

Music without meaningful lyrics is still music, Meaningful lyrics without music is Poetry!!! Meaningless lyrics (like most of today's 'hip' music) without music is called gobbledegook.

These singers need to learn that without the music their songs would sound quite boring and also learn that sections with no vocal interference actually enhance a lot of songs!!!!

Take Mary Jay Bilge's ruination of U2's 'one' as the worst example and you will understand what I mean.

Best male singing voice in the world IMO - Freddie Mercury. Did he sing over the breaks? Did he do any acrobatics over the solos? He could have because we all know how versatile his voice was but he knew his instrument's (voice) place within the song and the songs were much better for it.

Beyonce has a good voice yes but a lot of modern singers (Rihanna, Bilge, Beyonce) are very overated. Nowhere near the standards of Aretha, Dionne, Whitney etc. They had truly awesome voices in comparison. We'll see how well Beyonce is doing once her body and face ages a little!!!

AC

hype and publicity rule these days Tom. If your media department aren't any good you don't get off the ground. Take Rihanna as an example. Do you think she has a good voice?

AC

Alexandra, fastest selling single in Europe of all time, eh?

I don't know who's buying her single, but someone must be 'cause it isn't me. :lol:

Tom as per what I said. Media and Publicity. Is she the best singer of all time? No but she's just had the best publicity possible!!!!

These are the results of the voting from week 1 to 10!!! Very interesting.
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/blog/article/85144/

Eoghan was top for a lot of the weeks!!! Alex nowhere until the end!!!! Laura White was 4th from bottom then 3rd from bottom then 2nd from bottom before the furore of her exit. :lol:

There is a great article on MSN. Very tongue in cheek but quite true in a humorous way:
http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/bako ... &GT1=61503

AC

Back