• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The X Factor

It wasn't a great night tonight, but I think we've got a great bunch of singers left.

JLS - I still don't get the whole hype about them, they wasn't good tonight but I still think they could make the final.

Eoughen - definately most improved and I quite like him now, never used to. He has a good chance of going far now I think. The last few weeks he has sang brilliant.

Diana - I still love her but I don't think she's been the same since she took a week off. I really hope she can get back on track because I think a lot of people have gone off her since then.

Alexandra - I've gone from being quite neutral with her, to liking her a bit and now not really liking her much. She's turned a bit scatty, and it's just the same old with her now. There's nothing unique about her, whereas there is something unique about the other contestants. I think she will make the final but I hope she doesn't win. She is a good singer though.

Ruth - she is a good singer, and has found her 'rock chick' niche, but I'm still not really feelin' her.

Well, Rachel has gone. I don't know if she could have gone, but even though I liked her I'm not sure she was getting much better and not many people liked her. JLS didn't sing great in the main show or in the sing-off, so they definately should have been in the bottom two. I knew they wouldn't go though.

I think Ruth will be next, with maybe Diana or JLS in the sing-off.

I didn't think much of Take That - I don't know why they got their own night to be honest. I was quite impressed with Same Difference and Rydian was quite good aswell.

Thomas McMillan said:
It wasn't a great night tonight, but I think we've got a great bunch of singers left.

JLS - They weren't awesome but still like I said a few weeks ago and a few pages back they remind me of the old groups like four tops, temptations etc and funnily enough thats the style they sang their song in tonight and it worked even though they weren't brilliant. They have chemistry which will get them to the final. Their sing off was great I thought. My wife asked me suspiciously why I was smiling, to which I replied I was enjoying their song, to which she replied. pfff you're laughing at black music!!!! She is rather racist you know :D

Eoughen - I agree totally Thomas. At the start I though he was there to make the numbers up and give the grandmothers someone to vote for but the last 3/4 weeks he has looked like a definate finalist.

Diana - Problem with Diana now is though she is different she is being the same different every week, if that makes sense. Put that with the ill feeling the stupid Laura saga created I think she may struggle to get to the final.

Alexandra - Song started and I thought WOW she's trying something different. At last. She needed too. then after 10 seconds she turned into Beyonce and was off on the vocal acrobatics again. Which Diva will she impersonate next week? I agree - best voice in the competition - nothing new though and still boring. Starting to get too full of herself as well. Try singing something simple with no heroics and with some real feeling. Passion is BS in songs when you don't believe it.

Ruth - She won't win but tnoight's performance was the best by anyone since the live shows began. Reminded me of early Celine Dion before she went overly commercial and weepy. I would like to hear Ruth do Think Twice or something similar.

Rachel had to go - Didn't sing that well, public hate her and in the space of one week (and access to the internet and newspapers!!!!) she turned from the mouthy, arrogant, sob story to the perfect angel tonight. Should've gone ages ago. Can't wait to hear her on this morning or Richard & Judy blaming everyone else for her leaving :lol:

Take that sounded great opening the show. I was well impressed as I was when I recently found myself watching a live concert on terrestrial one boring sunday afternoon. Still think Gary Barlows a tosser though. lol.

Same difference were good but reminded me of all this high school musical stuff and theres loads of it about at the mo. yawn, yawn.

Rhydian - There will never be as good, as consistent, as world class as Rhydian on X factor again. Not a fan of musicals or Opera but I only started watching X factor last year when I heard Phantom of the Opera through the wall while wifey was watching it. He is star quality and I find myself wanting to listen to him.

Who do I think will be bottom 2 next week?

I think the only safe ones are: Eoghan and......erm safe one. Alexandra needs to do something different again without the acrobatics. Diana needs to make different unsamey ???? JLS need to improve. Ruth needs Spain to be allowed to vote.

AC

SuperColey1 said:
Same difference were good

now i was nodding at everything you said up until this point. andy, they are not good. i was close to being sick watching those pair.

SuperColey1 said:
Rhydian - There will never be as good, as consistent, as world class as Rhydian on X factor again. Not a fan of musicals or Opera but I only started watching X factor last year when I heard Phantom of the Opera through the wall while wifey was watching it. He is star quality and I find myself wanting to listen to him.

so you'll be buying the album then? ;)

SuperColey1 said:
Diana needs to make different unsamey ????

thats what she does.

SuperColey1 said:
Ruth needs Spain to be allowed to vote.

no, ruth needs me :lol: or the other way around

Saintly. I thought they were good at doing what they were doing last night. High School Musical suited them and they did it well. The music/style is crap but they did it well

Will I be buying Rhydian's album? I'll put it with the Michael Ball albums which are.....still at Andy's records :lol: :lol:

Of course I won't be buying his album :rolleyes: but I may find myself halting my walk past the TV for 5 minutes if he is on before resuming.

I disagree about Diana. She is different to all the others BUT she is now making every song sound the same. I think she could do with some Blondie style again because for me that was her peak and the only one that was not like her other performances.

You can have Ruth mate. I think she is sexy as and I fancied her rotten at the start but her teeth seem to be getting bigger and more horse like each week. What a performance last night though, and without the aid of a 'make my lady lumps look even bigger' dress ;) ;) She still small in comparison to my wife and therefore has to use her voice to impress me which she did. lol One thing I wish is that they would stop using the Mariah Carey wind blowing her hair about every time.

Oh and Alexandra is much much prettier and sexier. Bet she is RAF in real life though. lol

AC

I aggree with alot of the comments.

JLS and Diana in the final but as said there both not on form at the moment.

ruth is ok but there is something about here im not liking. the large jaw maybe???

Glad rachel has gone

eoughen has got better but im not crazy about him

Alexandra is a great singer and ready to record but there is nothing special about her

Same difference are annoying but they are great at what they do.

I was waiting for

"Danni Ruined my career with her bad song choices and bad mentoring....."

Behold....Patience, that comment will come to be sure.

I just read that Same Difference were miming (wasn't watching as I was doing the washing up waiting for Rhydian. lol)

I take back all that I said, no wonder they sounded good :rolleyes:

AC

^ Y'know I thought they were miming! You couldn't really tell but it sounded recorded, so I said to my mum ''are they miming?'' and she replied ''no!'' so I left it.

Hmm...

I've got to put some thoughts on this can't resist it, using Thomas's thread here....

JLS - Good bunch of lads but IMO Walsh is giving them the wrong songs they need something more current and upbeat, also something which showcases their tight harmonies.

Eoughen - Don't like the lad, look at his eyes there is nothing behind them, no emotion, he won't make the final I am sure.

Diana - Awesome, really weird singer she makes very odd noises, squeeks, gurgles, it sounds as if she is malfunctioning somehow but it works. She I think could go on to have a half decent career given the right songs (i.e sufficient budget to secure the songs from the top songwriters).

Alexandra - She is a talented vocalist but sadly she won't win, I think they will see her as too similar to Leona Lewis.

Ruth - bloody awful, she's just belts the song out, it's like everything in the song is a vehicle to allow her to belt out some big notes at the end.

Rachel - thank god she's gone, awful.

I didn't think much of Take That - I don't know why they got their own night to be honest. I was quite impressed with Same Difference and Rydian was quite good aswell. - Yeah Rydian nailed it but he's as mad as a bicycle. Same Difference were brilliant :lol: but they were certainly miming, there was a lot of autotune going on I think.

Yeah! What an amazing show!

I think Eoughen didn't do that well tonight, his first performance wasn't up to par and that High School Musical stuff was just to get extra votes. I know you well Simon.

JLS were't too good first performance but were really good second, the best they've been throughout the competition I think. That performance made me like them.

Diana is back! She hasn't been herself for the last few weeks but this week I think she was great, although this is one of the few times I've been worried that she might have been in trouble.

Alexandra was good. Even though her singing was crap in the first performance, it was a good performance nonetheless and her second vocals were great. I think she's gonna win, but I hope she doesn't!

I said a few weeks ago that I think Rachel and Ruth will be in trouble next. Rachel went last week and Ruth this week. Her performances weren't great - she seemed to shout the second one in particular.

I don't know who will go next week, I think it depends on the performance but I think it'll be Eoughen. I reckon final two are gonna be Alexandra and Diana.

Mylie Cyrus was great, I really liked her. But Brtitney... YEAH! I used to love Britney back in the day and her performance tonight made me love her again. Even though she was miming, she was amazing. So buff too.

DIANA TO WIN!

That is all.

Eoughen is still in the competition because he's got a lot of people voting for him and he's been the most improved contestant.

Diana is still in the competition because she's been consistant and she's likeable.

Ruth was from Spain so she didn't have any part of the country voting for her, like Eoughen has Ireland voting for him. Her performances this evening were a let down. The first one wasn't great, and she shouted the whole way through the second one.

This is the first time I totally disagree with you Thomas ;)

I thought from the performances that Eoghan was the only one that would be safe because he is improving week on week and did what he was given quite well.

Compared to the others:
Alexandra - I was pretty bored with the first performance and the second one just reiterates what I have been saying for a while. Yet another Diva. Best voice in the cop by a mile but if you watch her whole 'thing' is an collage of all that has gone before. The aggressive finger pointing straight out of Whitney's repertoir. The clothes and warbling is a mix of Christina and Mariah. I was yawning by the end of the second performance too. Great voice but there is a reason that Mariah and Whitney and Celine and Braxton disappeared.......The public got bored with the same old thing. Mariah only came back to popularity by selling out to the (supposedly) 'RnB' sound <--------Please someone explain how this music is labelled RnB.

Diana - I though she was pretty weak last night and I am starting to agree with others on the net that she is starting to sound samey and the novelty is starting to wear thin.

Ruth - Went from best performance of the series last week to a 'shoutathon' this week.

JLS - Very weak on the first but came back quite well in the second.

All in all was a pretty poor week with not so great performances especially the first half which was due to the theme. When I heard they were performing ' Britney's greatest hits' I said to my wife 'Are they all going to do the same song then?' (Hit me baby one more time.)

Shows how commercial this show is becoming. Was already commercial of course before but is getting to silly levels when you have Britney themed nights. 'guests' should have to sing live otherwise when they say 'it takes a lot to get up on stage and do this' at the end of their performance it is contradictory but then did anyone thing she would sing live?

I said to my wife after the performances Eoghan would be safe and probably JLS but I though Diana/Ruth would be the likeliest to go.

Next week wither Diana or Alexandra will go.

AC

There are loads of Toxic covers, I've got a black metal and a hardcore cover of said song.
I often find covers better than the original, for example, the postal services cover of phill collins. Or squarepushers rendition of love will tear us apart...

Back