• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The X Factor

Been a bad year Clark. None of them are interesting, different and good singers. Not a lot to choose from for a long career (or at least as long as Will Young) but Xmas No1 will recoup any money if needed (which I doubt it is!!!)

Alexandra best singer but yawn, yawn. lol

There a huge swathes of versions of Toxic on youtube and a couple of them I like - Industrial metal ones mainly. Not overly into death metal. Went off thrash when it just became noise. I think Sepultura Chaos AD was the last thrash I bought but that had some awesome songs on it!!

AC

I think a lot of that is down to either:

The aptitude of the 'contestant'
The desperation of the 'contestant'
The image consultant(s)/media-press officer(s) working for the show

I think in mos cases the 'contestants' know they are doing it for themselves apart from some very severe cases of hallucination where the 'contestant' believes that they actually are doing it for someone else.

The one I hate is:

'I just want my Mum to be proud of me'

Wasn't she proud of you before? You must have been such a waste of time all your life then. I'm no hotshot really but I think my Mum is proud of me.

AC

^ Yeah, haha I noticed that on the actual show last week. And 'the many face of louis walsh' aswell! :lol:

Put all the X factor contestants in a line.............

.........BRING ON THE WALL :lol:

I would however settle for every 'hole' being larger as long as Rachel's was too small for her ;)

AC

Well...after the first songs I have to order them as follows:

1 JLS - Great version - perfect for their style and their harmonies sound great when they sing softly together
2 - Eoghan - Though it would be a bad choice but he made it suit
3 - Should've done Sk8r Boi instead but not too bad
4 - Great singers should be able to sing the same note as the bassline even when singing low. First time she's been out of tune. Oh and yet again ....... boring. Shes an impressionist, not a star.

I couldn't believe the judges said she was great either. Even in tune it would've been a really bad song choice. Did they not hear?

AC

Right, that's it - I'm not watching the final. I'm actually really annoyed.

First of all - what the hell is Eoughen still doing in the competition over Diana? Yes, he has improved. But let's be honest, he's reached his peak now and his peak isn't good enough for the final. His first song wasn't good enough and his second song was just cheesy and still not good enough.

JLS were okay, their first performance was good, their second still quite good even though it wasn't as special for me. I think they should have stayed, so my beef isn't as much with them.

Alexandra had a crap performance, I don't know what the hell Mrs Cole was thinking by giving her that song. Her second song was yet again, predictable and boring. I don't want her to win! She's getting way too big for her boots too.

Diana was amazing first performance, she was back in the game after the last few weeks and second performance was a bit of let down but still great.

I think it's unfair that Cheryl didn't say anything about Simon's choice to give Eoughen an ABBA track, when Simon said about her choice of Dido. That's probably what got Diana out.

At the end of the day, Alexandra is obviously going to win.

Quite frankly, I've lost faith in the British public.

P.S. Eoughen and Diana are not going out, mmkay?

Thomas McMillan said:
Right, that's it - I'm not watching the final. I'm actually really annoyed.

First of all - what the hell is Eoughen still doing in the competition over Diana? Yes, he has improved. But let's be honest, he's reached his peak now and his peak isn't good enough for the final. His first song wasn't good enough and his second song was just cheesy and still not good enough.

JLS were okay, their first performance was good, their second still quite good even though it wasn't as special for me. I think they should have stayed, so my beef isn't as much with them.

Alexandra had a crap performance, I don't know what the hell Mrs Cole was thinking by giving her that song. Her second song was yet again, predictable and boring. I don't want her to win! She's getting way too big for her boots too.

Diana was amazing first performance, she was back in the game after the last few weeks and second performance was a bit of let down but still great.

I think it's unfair that Cheryl didn't say anything about Simon's choice to give Eoughen an ABBA track, when Simon said about her choice of Dido. That's probably what got Diana out.

At the end of the day, Alexandra is obviously going to win.

Quite frankly, I've lost faith in the British public.

P.S. Eoughen and Diana are not going out, mmkay?

That sums it up near perfect!!!

Watching diana's best bits was good as you forget how versitile she is. its not all the same as your led to believe!

Owen..(can't be ar$ed to spell his name) needs to go. Average performance with weak vocals lost in the background track.

Alex i think had here worst performance ever with that first song.... admitidly here TB was very good.

I like JLS and think there now my favs left in and hope they win despite it meaning louie winning...

I said to wifey that one of the girls would go. Wasn't sure which though.

The Dido was a killer for Diana. Poor song and only sang the second half well. Her voice is too piercing for a Dido song too.

Alexandra put everything into her second song...........impression wise. Sang Toni Braxton with the Mariah fairy hands plus Whitney microphone tapping and Beyonce's point to yourself cos you're good mannerisms.

She'd win Stars in your eyes but is the market there anymore for singer impersonators? Joe Longthorne, Marti Kane. Me thinks its more a blackpool cabaret market she should go for ;) Unless she develops some personality rather than mimicing her heroes.

I think Eoghan will win. He does what he does, no fuss, no trying to be what he isn't. Just plods along being himself. Simon has got it right for him most of the way. JLS stand a chance as long as Louis keeps their song choices sensible next week. He's gone wrong a couple of times and should play to their soft harmonies. 'Tracks of my tears' would be a great choice for them as one of their songs.

No doubt the final will swing throughout like last year where Rhydian was miles in front with the first, then Leon pulled it level with the second and was much more suitable with the third.

AC

I hope to God that Alexandra doesn't win. I don't mind if it's JLS or Eoughen, just not her.

I liked Diana. Just the last few weeks was getting a little bored with her. Novelty maybe. Something made her stand out for a while.

You're not the only one who didn't like her though. Look on MSN and there are as many people who say she can't sing and is annoying as there are that say she is the only one that should win. lol

AC

SuperColey1 said:
I liked Diana. Just the last few weeks was getting a little bored with her. Novelty maybe. Something made her stand out for a while.
AC
Her annoying way of speaking was enough to put anyone off from watching her! lol spoilt little brat

Back