• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thermometer that records

BarryH

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a thermometer that will record the temperatures an aquarium has been at during different times of the day?

I've got one of the cheapo weather stations hanging out of my office window and with that I can see how cold it gets in the night and, hopefully, how warm it gets in the day. Just wondered if there was anything similar available for the aquarium.

If you're inclined, this is very easy to do with a raspberry pi

I can write a guide if you're interested and can wait a few days

If you're inclined, this is very easy to do with a raspberry pi

I can write a guide if you're interested and can wait a few days
I think that may be a bit beyond my capabilities Castle but I would love to have an idea of what would be needed and how it could be done. No rush.

As above, there are several with a min and max reading, as well as current temp. If yoi Google min max aquarium thermometer you'll find loads. Here's a link to those I used to use on my marine system. I've found with these they are ok but you can find two different ones (same make) giving different readings. Not much but maybe half a degree or so. For that reason I used to have two so I could have a better idea/take the average

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ETI-Ltd-Aquarium-thermometer-temperature/dp/B001EH5O5Y

As above, there are several with a min and max reading, as well as current temp. If yoi Google min max aquarium thermometer you'll find loads. Here's a link to those I used to use on my marine system. I've found with these they are ok but you can find two different ones (same make) giving different readings. Not much but maybe half a degree or so. For that reason I used to have two so I could have a better idea/take the average

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ETI-Ltd-Aquarium-thermometer-temperature/dp/B001EH5O5Y
Thanks for the help and the link. Really appreciated.

The wifi Inkbird controller that I use also records the historic temperature via its app, on a graph, plus it of course accurately controls the heater temperature also:

AMAZON Link

716XmCb%2BKdL._SL1500_.jpg

613%2BzeOURtL._SL1500_.jpg

Back