• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thin Bleech alternative

Hudson

In these times of lockdown I've ran out of thin bleech for cleaning glassware and Co2 Diffuser and cannot get hold of any.

What else could be used, I'm thinking white vinegar but not sure how it would effect the diffuser

Cheers Hudson

For an in-tank diffuser you can squirt some excel/easy-carbo on to the cermaic disc with a pipette/syringe and leave it for a min. You can also squirt some easy carbo in a mug with slightly warm water and let the diffuser soak for 20min while doing other maintenance tasks.

Hi,

I haven’t tried white wine vinegar, just normal white vinegar. Didn’t really time it, an hour or 2 maybe.

I think I mixed it 50/50 roughly with warmish water.

Try the white wine vinegar. If that is what you have to hand give it a go and see what you think. :)

Thanks Siege, in the end I used diluted house hold bleach for a couple of of hours. Then soaked overnight in cold clean water. Worked a treat

Thanks Siege, in the end I used diluted house hold bleach for a couple of of hours. Then soaked overnight in cold clean water. Worked a treat

I normally use half a sink of warm water 4.1 with thin bleech, leave while i do tank maint and stuff then soak and rinse with a sink full of water but add a cap full of prime just to make sure.
My Co2 Diffuser just gets dunked in the same 4.1 solution while im pumping to stop back fill and then rinsed again in the prime added water

Back