• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thin Stringy Algae JUST On Glosso ?

Kristoph91

Hi all,

I have Microsorum Pteropus, Java Moss and Glosso in a 5.5L Tank, I have sufficient lighting and DIY CO2, but for some reason there is green thread like algae ONLY GROWING on the Glosso ?
Why is this ? And how can i stop it ?

Thanks,

Kris.

Hi all

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
but for some reason there is green thread like algae ONLY GROWING on the Glosso ?
Thread/hair algae is usually related to poor CO2.
Think about it for a minute, where does your Glosso live, at the bottom of the tank, which is the hardest place to get CO2 efficiently, as it always wants to go upwards and escape to atmosphere. Although this shouldn't be a problem in a 5.5 litre tank.
If you get your CO2 levels right 'down there' your Glosso will be fine, but you will have to remove as much of the thread algae as you can, manually :( .

Thanks for the info CeeJay, yeah its pretty annoying, the flow is brilliant in the tank, the CO2 seems to be getting everywhere - the glosso and everything else is "pearling" beautifully ... But the algae seems to be just getting the better of everything. Tried removing the algae manually with toothbrush the past two weeks. :(
Oh well, maybe its just not suited. I'm sure I can get rid of it and get something else.

Kris

You could try reducing photoperiod or intensity, lower the energy of the system or some easycarbo/excel treatment may do the trick.

Got rid of the glosso in the end. :) algae gone in rest of tank!
Thanks for the replies guys
Kris

Back