• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Think Bubble

Crusader58

I recently installed a co2 pressurised injection system on my Roma 240L aquarium, I started by injecting at a rate of 2bps, but found I had to increase this to 4bps to maintain a nice green DC throughout the photo period.
Initially I set the solenoid to come on 4hrs before lights on and shut off 2hrs before lights off. This worked out well, but I thought I'd experiment with the timing and over a few days I managed to reduce co2 injection to 2hrs before lights on and 3hrs before lights off, this allowed for a nice green DC throughout the photo period and saved 3hrs of injection.
At 4bps, I'm injecting 14400 bubbles per hour...by reducing my injection time by 3hrs, I'm saving 43,200 bubbles per day, that's a saving of 302,400 bubbles per week and a saving of an incredible 15,724,800 bubbles per year.
The moral of my story is....Think bubble....how many innocent bubbles are you sacrificing mercilessly? LOL

Well I was using 4bps with my dumb glass diffuser then I was able to cut it does to 2bps when I switched to bazooka diffuser (note my drop checker Is always yellow so I could go lower).

I need to clean my inline diffuser then use it at 1.5 bps to keep my drop checker yellow.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Back