• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

This was the reason for me ignoring my tank last month

GreenNeedle

I have quite literally 'pimped my ride'
bikeside.jpg

After a couple of problems with my chain and rear cassette I decided whilst repairing the problems that I would upgrade quite a few things. As per usual I got tottaly carried away and spent far too much as follows:

New Carbon Handlebars
New Carbon Stem
New Carbon Seatpost
New Carbon Saddle (not the leather bit of course. lol)
New Chainrings and cranks
New Front Derraillieur
New Bottom Bracket
New Wheels
New Tyres
New Computer
New Brake Cables and Outers
New downtube adjusters
And of course new bar tape to match the saddle and tyres he, he.

barstem.jpg

biketop.jpg

bikefront.jpg

bikerear.jpg

I know you lot will be asking why I didn't buy a new bike instead? Answer of course is as usual good hunting on ebay meant that after selling what I replaced I hadn't really spent that much. lol

Someone needs to stop me cos everything I start I go overboard with. Right back on with rescaping and restocking. I feel the wallet opening again. Aw naw ;)

Andy

I would like to say, that is very sexy...

I've been getting into my bike commute a bit lately. Building up slowly to make my journey longer (currently a measley 2.5 miles each way). Doing 8 miles a day now :) Well, I was till I snapped a spoke. Need to get to the bike shop and get it repaired!

I'm on a Trek 7.5FX hybrid. So much faster than my MTB :)

I bike 8½ miles to work and then the same back 5 days a week 48 weeks a year.

Thats 4000 miles a year just on the commute.lol and then I go out for some more 'enjoyment'

This still has some way to go. Currently has cheap Michelin tyres and cheap Shimano wheels on but money is tight.

By the end of the year it will have some top Continental Racing tyres on, maybe better wheels and the handlebar tape will be black too. This may mean I have to get a black saddle but we'll see.

Andy

Depends

Normally between 25 and 30 minutes. All dependent on wind direction, rain or not and wether I am wearing Lycra or not. I usually just go in the clothes I'll be wearing under my overalls. plus always have a rucksack which isn't very aerodynamic.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
Depends

Normally between 25 and 30 minutes. All dependent on wind direction, rain or not and wether I am wearing Lycra or not. I usually just go in the clothes I'll be wearing under my overalls. plus always have a rucksack which isn't very aerodynamic.

Andy

is that it? i thought it would be longer than that.

Topping 20mph for most of the journey. One section closer to 30mph. Not too many stops either.

Andy

Back