• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thoughts about this light

rebel

Hi guys,

I saw this interesting light available in aliexpress. While it's not colour tunable, it's got 1W (I suspect) LEDS which could be a nice option for someone on a budget. These lights can be connected together as well.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RGB...lgo_pvid=88b8999b-c137-4b91-a7ad-892487c4d81e

I think these may replace the cheaper chihiros A series (no longer in production?) and fit into the lower budger niche.

It remains to be tested though.

Thoughts?

It would cost me substantially more in shipping than light cost, which usually means that if I’m not keen on the light, it will cost me that again to return the light ... and that’s the cheapest available shipping option

I’d email for LED details before purchasing

The design looks realy nice.. :thumbup: It's definitevly a handsom light for the money..

Tho indeed how is the led quality? It doesn't necessary needs to be bad, the led chip by itself is the cheapest of all even if its a top quality.
But must say looking at the 60, than 40 watt consumption on 2000 lumes actualy is a tad much, it hints to an older generation 1 watt HP led type.

The 1 watt HP led performing with 120 lumen per watt already is a few years on the market. Make that x 40 would more than double the output at same consumption. On a wholesale price about $ 4.95 per lot x 50 pcs.. :)
http://www.satisled.com/1w-power-le...e-white-115120lm-50pcslot-in-a-tube_p246.html

And seeing this counting already over 24 leds i wonder how many and which ones are in there?
HTB1M4yQc6fguuRjSszcq6zb7FXaf.jpg

What i also do not realy understand is why a lot of those lights are build with a row of RGB and than make it uncontrolable emit white light. From experience i noticed the RGB leds, all are obvioulsy 3 led chips in 1 same sized casing, need to most cooling and always burn out first. The RGB is quality whise the worst led to use when it comes to lifespan. They probably use them to live up to the name Spectrum ;). And to be honest for my personal taste RGB at 100% gives the uggliest white light i've ever seen. Tho plants grow under it never the less, but not significantly beter. That is a ? for me it doesn't make much sense if you can not use it to enjoy the colors it can make.

I would say if you are handy with a soldering iron and know a bit electronics basics, it could be worth a try.. Since it's a handsome design and if it doesn't live up to expectation regarding light output and or life span quality and the casing is of descent quality.. It can be rebuilded easily with some elbow grease with beter performing newer genaration led types. I could rebuild it internaly with SMD instead and give it a max. +/- 8500 lumen output at DC 12 volt 36 watt consumption for less than $ 20.

DIY a complete light handsom design will be not easy on the kitchen table and as if not more expensive than this. As said above, the money aint in the actual light source..

If you are not the DIY type and the quality is scheiß than what good is a handsome design.. That's always a risk with china stuff..

Last edited:
Back