• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Three weeks after start up...

mede

Promised to show my tank, and here it is.....

three weeks after the start up I've added a few Japonica shrimps and Otocinclus.

The only thing I'm looking for right now is a replacement for the Limnopilia Aromatica in the right back corner... this plant is beautiful, but it isn't the right plant for this tank/scape in my opinion. I'm looking for a replacement (high plant) with smaller leaves en smaller stems.... any suggestions?

IMG_3522_zps173f3974.jpg

IMG_3504_zps4cef8e48.jpg

IMG_3525_zpsff9e5f6a.jpg

IMG_3451_zps4bc8f60f.jpg

IMG_3479_zps4a9f3ec1.jpg

IMG_3462_zps9f5e1ef4.jpg

IMG_3443_zpsf20fac70.jpg

IMG_3531_zpsd352c507.jpg

Mede, Lovely looking tank and have to agree with you on the Limnopilia. What about Pogostomen Stellata,similar but finer leaves which have a pinky tinge to the top surface.Rest of the plants look really lush mate:thumbup:

Cheers
Martin

Mede, Lovely looking tank and have to agree with you on the Limnopilia. What about Pogostomen Stellata,similar but finer leaves which have a pinky tinge to the top surface.Rest of the plants look really lush mate:thumbup:

Thanks Martin!This plant looks very nice after checking it with Google images... however, I also read that it is not one of the easiest plants to keep?

Are you running co2 and dosing ferts,by the look of your tank i would say yes. I think that you would do well looking at the quality of what you've already grown mate. It is a beautiful looking plant with good lighting.

Cheers
Martin

Yes, I'm using the EI method (micro & makro ferts) in this tank en I am dosing co2 through a 2kg pressurized bottle.... Maybe I should give it a try, only I have to find it somewhere :)

If you have a Dobbies garden centre near you, they tend to have it in stock. Failing that, Rotala wallichii?

Lovely tank by the way :)

Hello,
If you think L. aromatica is too big then you should absolutely stay away from P. stelletta.

In this photo P. stelletta is on the left and L. aromatica is on the right.The distance from left to right edge in this photo is 2 feet.
Do not waste your time and energy. Get a truly small leaf plant like Rotala rotundfolia or Didiplis,.diandra.
8394062257_477fde5dd9_c.jpg

Cheers,

Thanks all!

I'm going for Rotala rotundifolia after looking at some pictures of this plant... Just placed a request for a few stems on a Dutch forum.... hopefully I can show you the result later :)

Lovely tank, very inspiring, as a brand new newbie it gives me inspiration.

What is the rock you've used and how do you attach the plants to it? I'm assuning lots of thread.
lori

Back