• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Through the Rock - An Epic Journey

Antoni

Hi guys,

After having a great time and Hanover I got Inspired from the Art of Planted Aquarium and I have rescaped my 60 cm with lots of Seryuo and redmoor and plants, kindly sponsored by Tropica.

Here is a short video of the evolution of the hardscape:

And this is how the tank looks today - Day 1. The water is still not gin clear, but hopefully will be by tomorrow.

16603153125_94a6577b29_b.jpg

Tank: 60x30x28
Light: 2 x Boyu pendant light 3x14W T5, 6500K, total output 84W, currently running 56W for 5.5h
CO2: Fire extinquisher through Up Aqua In line diffuser, 2.5 bps 8.5h
Filter: JBL E701
Substrate: white sand and some old akadama
Plants: Hemianthus Cuba, Glossostigma Elatinoides, Anubias Petite, Cladophora Aegagropila, Taiwan moss, Fissidens Fontanus, Eleocharis Sp. Mini, Rotala Rotundifolia, Rotala Goias, Proserpinaca Palustris, Hygrophila Pinnatifida

Last edited:
Looking good. Could you hide the inlet at the back?

Terrific scape!

I broke my glass one too. So I took a hacksaw to my green intake yesterday. You get a very nice cut. added some slits to resemble a lily pipe too. The pipe is now only 4 or 5cm under the water. Looks less bad.

Great scape...like it very much. Watch out for GSA on the A. petite especially those higher up. IME they'd probably do better nearer the substrate in more shady areas.

Terrific scape!

I broke my glass one too. So I took a hacksaw to my green intake yesterday. You get a very nice cut. added some slits to resemble a lily pipe too. The pipe is now only 4 or 5cm under the water. Looks less bad.
Thanks Dantrasy. I will play with the acrylic next week to see if I can get it bend nicely and to cut some slits in it... small evening project for me :)

Great scape...like it very much. Watch out for GSA on the A. petite especially those higher up. IME they'd probably do better nearer the substrate in more shady areas.

Thanks Troi!

Yes will see how the GSA will behave so close to the light....the pinnatifida and the stems on the back should shade it a bit when grown. We shall see :)

Hi guys,

Sorry for not updating the journal. Was busy with work and a lot of travelling and the tank has suffered greatly from this neglect. But finally it resurrected from the ashes and turned out quite well. :)

12141517_924350767633842_875584514804114347_n.jpg

In the last 3 months I have the lights on for 7h a day at 54W output. Have reduced the CO2 slightly from around 3bps to 2bps and the plants reacted very well to that change. Feel that they ikind of became lazy with too much co2 dissolved in the water. And the fish were much more happier this way.

Since this shot was made, the tank evolved further, I have added some more plants on the back to break the straight line on the left and also had some rotala growing on the right hand side, which wasn't visible when I took this photo.

Shortly will upload some more pictures of the tank.

The sand is always so clean or you doing some gravel cleaning some times?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Back