• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tidy Jungle II, III and IV

e8f3810eaf1489dc2468973acdbca26b.jpg

Got some sweet tools from Aquarium Plant Food UK and I have to say it's great to plant things and have them not get yanked out immediately! The finger holes on the scissors are also rounded instead of flat so they don't dig into your skin. Pretty good value too, £25 for everything pictured.

Removed most of the pearlweed and replaced it with Hydrocotyle Tripartita since it was clearly struggling. Also added Dwarf Hairgrass and more detail stones to the foreground. Weirdly, I must be the only person in this forum who is hoping it doesn't spread, I just like the little tufts.

c4f33db21488899fce1e9f89bfdbabb3.jpg
I like it as a feature plant, but if you want a carpet its brilliant

May I ask where you got your plants from? I've made a list for my own aquarium but am struggling to find what I want between Plants Alive and Aquarium Gardens.

I got 75% of it from Aquarium Gardens, some plants I bought years ago from Aqua Essentials and the rest from a seller called 'K2 Aqua' on eBay. All really good quality.

Seen that k2 aqua, but weary of any ebay plants, seemed reasonable on price. All arrive ok?

Yeah! Never had any problems with them, always turned up in 24-48 hours max and in good, healthy algae-free quality.

If I'm buying a big haul of plants for a setup or I just need a large amount I get them from somewhere like Aquarium Gardens. Where K2 Aqua comes in handy is that it's great if you only need 1 or 2 things as there's no shipping cost. They also have some random unusual varieties.

71ac969221a1272258717781c4774f78.jpg

This is now just shy of 2 weeks since setup. There's small but noticeable growth on everything. I'm not expecting miracles because this is low energy but I'm pleased!

• Some more Trident fern has gone in.
  • The Buce Kedagang and Red are also in.
  • Just waiting on some Anubias Petite and that'll be everything! (I say that but I'm always buying plants)
  • No algae yet, only the typical wood fuzz.
  • Unfortunately only have 8 Rummynose left. 1 died and 1 is missing (it was panting and separated from the others last night).

Have u grown this before in non-co2 tank? I’d love a red plant but didn’t think it would be possible.

Yep!

I've not done the super red specifically before but it's pretty much just a variation of ludwigia palustris and that grew fine for me without CO2 and was red.

The super red is already turning - orangey red on the tops. It's an easy plant to get red.

Didn't know where else to post but last night I had a dream (nightmare) that I had to go away and leave someone else in charge of my tank.

When I returned, there was excess food everywhere, BBA all over the rocks and just an all round algae nightmare! I was scrubbing and tearful at the same time.

Maybe I need a break

Hi all,
Didn't know where else to post but last night I had a dream (nightmare) that I had to go away and leave someone else in charge of my tank.

When I returned, there was excess food everywhere, BBA all over the rocks and just an all round algae nightmare! I was scrubbing and tearful at the same time.
I have <"a story for you">.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

I have /www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/my-unfortunate-vacation-experience-and-who-dun-it.12705/']a story for you[/URL]">.

cheers Darrel

Wow, that's like a real life cluedo moment. My worst nightmare! Glad you got to the bottom of it, albeit much much later.

Do you have any suggestions if you have to be long term? I might be away for a month later in the year and I'm not sure who to ask. Considering it's a month it's more than just feeding, it's a bit of cleaning, dosing, trimming etc. Maybe that's why it was on my mind.

I have an auto doser but it's a smart one and really difficult to understand.

Hi all,
Do you have any suggestions if you have to be long term? I might be away for a month later in the year and I'm not sure who to ask.
I weigh the fish food out and put it in date labelled containers in the fridge, then whoever comes in just has to take the container. I don't worry about the water changes when I'm away and the only other thing I do is clean the pre-filter sponge and hoses (but not the filter media) and remove ~1/2 of the floating plants from the tank.

It has worked pretty well, other than in 2018 and <"2020"> when we had very hot weather while I was away.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
46d11625a0c92c0cdc9140f9b99234b2.jpg

Finally got out of the house properly for the first time in months! It's so nice to interact with actual humans for once!

I got some new friends for the tank. I added 6 more Rummynose Tetras to bring the school up to 14. I think I'll eventually get another 6 to make 20 so they feel extra secure.

I also bought 6 Sterbai Corydoras originally but there was only 9 in the tank at the shop and I didn't have the heart to leave the other 3 behind so I turned around and got all 9. Hopefully they settle in well. I haven't kept catfish in years and I forgot how peculiar they are haha.

Back