• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Time for a new scape (The End)

Re: Time for a new scape

wow what a journal, :clap: i have read the whole six pages from the start. i am very impressed. aqua-scaping looks awesome. why does my rio 180 not look like yours? ha ha i think i mine follow your path and learn to grow plants first and then aquascape some thing with a few type of plants. i try to grow every thing at once and i am just grow hair algae at moment!! haha :lol: i will keep watching your journal very closely, kept up the good work! well done

if you wake up tommorow and find your hairgrass is missing, it wasnt me :angelic:

cracking tank :thumbup:

makes me want to stay in this hobby now....

The tank looks great in the flesh and we saw it in Jan. So the tank must look great. If you have spare hairgrass ..... I woudnt mind some LOL!!!

Hi all

Thanks for all the kind comments.
On the strength of that, I suppose I'd better get up off my bum and post some new photos tonight.
Crypts and the large Microsorum have gone absolutely nuts and are in need of a serious trim.
You'll see what I mean later :lol:
Thanks guys :D

looking forward to it!! Get loads of pics up!

Hi all

Well here they are.
This tank is now 30 weeks old.
As you can see, apart from keeping the grass in order, I've sat back to see what developed. Seems such a shame to chop the C. Balansae, particularly after it all had a total meltdown when introduced to the tank. Plus the Harlequins seem to love hanging around under the leaves of it.
So on to the pics.

Week 30.

Left Hand Front View with the huge Microsorum
LH.jpg

Right Hand Front View (the bubbles are O2 not CO2 :D)
RH.jpg

Right Hand Side View
RHView.jpg

Full Front View
FullFrontView.jpg

Told you it was a bit mad :lol:

Hi all
Harkle420 said:
looking awesome dude! well done!!
Thanks for your kind comment.
Harkle420 said:
are you happy with it?
Not so much happy with the scape as it's a bit chaotic, but the fish love it :D
Every time I'm in there with the scissors cutting the grass, I get near Crypts and think, shall I or shan't I, and then I don't :oops:
The one thing I am absolutely chuffed with is the condition of the plants, and that was with the help of the guys and gals round here.
So a big :thumbup: to UKAPS.

You take away that balanse and replace the fern with needle, maybe try a couple more plants in the background and it would look awesome ;) lots of potential with that carpet that just looks stunning!!!

Thanks LD
After all, you are the master of the evolving tank.
Me, I'm a tear it down and start again merchant. It has come close to a total strip down on at least two occasions :oops: .
Thanks for the ideas. Certainly some food for thought.
Thanks.

Hehe no worries, I don't like the idea of tearing down a tank, so I keep changing it until it evolves into something else.
I do like your carpet though, would love something like that in my tank, mine is now a mixture of grass, glosso, HC, riccia, stourogyne and various mosses LOL

@ CeeJay - Can i ask, where did you get the rocks from and what type are they?

Cheers,

Hi ukco2guy
ukco2guy said:
@ CeeJay - Can i ask, where did you get the rocks from and what type are they?
Sorry for the delay in replying, but I couldn't remember what they were called :oops: so I popped down to the shop today to find out (as if i needed an excuse :lol: ).
I got the rock at Maidenhead Aquatics in Morden and they are called 'mini landscape rock'. Well that's their name for it anyway.
Lisa_Perry75 said:
Wow! Those are some really healthy looking plants! Very lush growth.
Thanks for the kind words Lisa.
The growth rate in this tank was so mad I even took the reflectors off the lights to slow things down a bit :lol: .

This scape has had a revamp and I'm just waiting for a couple of plants to grow a bit before I post up some pics.
Let's just say the lawn remains ;)

Thanks for getting back CeeJay, i`ll keep an eye out for those rocks, would be nice in my new Iwagumi tank :)

Cheers,

Hi all

This tank has been running for just about a year now, so this is the end :(
This tank has been stripped down, ready for a fresh start.
This is how it looked in the end.

From the front
Front.jpg

From the side
Sideview.jpg

Whilst the scape didn't amount to much, all the plants remained healthy :D

On the plus side, I think I can tick the box that says I can grow and maintain a lawn now :lol:
Thanks for looking and all your comments :D

Thats a mighty shame you are tearing it down Chris.

But a fresh start and a new challenge will be good. It was great seeing the tank in the flesh a few months back and look forward to your new adventure!

Congratulations on achieving a lovely looking 'scape and keeping it so well-maintained for 12 or so months. That's an achievement not that many of us can lay claim to.

What are your plans for you next 'scape? Surely you've been planning something for a while by now! :thumbup:

All the best. :D

Back