• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Time to get busy

David Cherry

My rock arrived from Aquarium Gardens on Tuesday, now that I've some time off work it's time to get busy :)

20191018_180134.jpg

Busy weekend, haven't had the time to get started will post some pics when I get started. Should really start a journal I guess.

Ok, I've been tinkering with it for a few days now and have finally got something I'm happy with.

Tank is 600L x 450D x 550H with a rear sump compartment.

Light is an AI Hydra HD26.

Filtration, there's a couple of net bags with about 3 litres of Siporax in the sump compartment, also running an Eheim Ecco pro 130 into the compartment.

I have a CO2 art Pro SE dual stage regulator paired with a Neo in tank diffuser probably going to use an FE although there is a company close by that does CO2 for pubs and hotels.

Hardscape is around 25kg of stonewood from the lovely people at Aquarium Gardens. About 30kg of Tropica Aquarium soil, I also have a 9kg bag of the powder to top it of once I'm sure I'm happy with the Hardscape.

1st picture is taken from roughly the angle I generally sit, 2nd more from the front and slightly above.

I need to think of a name for it now, suggestions will be happily considered.

20191025_164310.jpg
20191025_164329.jpg

May be the photo, but try for more variation in the pillar heights (at the back - front looks good)

Planting scheme?

(thinking of more distance between some of the pillars but that really depends on plant design)

The way the photo was taken did make the heights at the back look a lot closer together but saying that I have adjusted the height.
I have gravel to add detail around the pillars, I was going to fill the narrower gaps which are shaded with this.
For a planting plan I was thinking a carpet of Marsilea Hirsuta, with something a little taller in the back corners, perhaps Staurogyne Repens. Also thinking about adding one of the smaller Anubias at the base of the pillars.

Nice.

The only thing I am not keen on is the straight line between the stones on the left hand side.

Stones will look cool with riccardia rubbed over them maybe?

Ah, I hadn't notice that line, thanks. Rubbed on? This is a technique I haven't heard about.

Hi,

Yes just chop the riccardia up and rub it up to the stones where you want it. Will look smart I think!

Pm me and I’ll have a bit in a while that you can have for a donation to ukaps.

20191026_223209.jpg

This is a picture of part of the rear sump compartment of my tank. Under the sponge on the right of the picture is the return pump. My thought here is if I put the in tank CO2 diffuser close to the intake of the pump it will act sort of like an inline diffuser.
What are peoples thoughts on this? The hose connecting the pump is 13mm, would I be right in saying inline diffusers are for 22mm?

Ps return pump is rated at 2150 l/h

For this tank size, choose any CO2 method that suits :)
especially as your plants listed are all relatively low CO2 “users”

M crenata has smaller leaf and will form a shorter carpet
M hirsuta has a less uniform leaf

Check Jurijs mit JS video content
(note the small CO2 Aquario diffuser on this tank)

(there may be a couple in between videos (though some were just on his FB page which has been closed down while Jurijs sorts out his Werbung challenge ))

Last edited:
He must have it sorted, he's back releasing videos to his YouTube channel, I subscribe to his channel.

Back