• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

time to retire from UKAPS

Mark
I have always found you to be helpful, polite and willing to answer any question I have asked.
Surely the fact that you do not enter contests shows us that you are NOT an attention seeker, I am frankly astounded that anyone would accuse you of this.
If you do decide to leave the forum you will be sorely missed.

Cheers
James

Mark,

I wasn't aware of anything going on and it saddens me that it is the case.
Your in a top list of people I hunt for on the forum to see what they've posted.
I thought we're here to learn, chat, develop our own skills and your one of the people that's helped me out.

If your not going to be around, then it's a shame, we need people like you, Dan, Graeme, George, Luis, Clive, Tony to do what you've all been doing.

Is this thread not just going to escalate those people's thoughts that you're attention seeking?! :?

Although I didn't think you were attention seeking before, merely showing your achievements and progess like anybody else, I do believe this thread is unnecessary and makes you seem just the way those people have described you, therefore although I enjoy your threads/journals/photos, I'm not gonna kiss your blahblahblahblah. If you were you so annoyed you would have gone quietly.

Good luck with any future scapes Mark, it's always a shame to lose an active member.

Hi Mark, I've just read this entire thread, then gone back and re-read your original post. You said:
saintly said:
all i've ever done is try to help and influence people in starting up tanks.
Well congratulations, the responses so far (and I'm sure there'll be more in similar vein) prove that you have acheived that, and much more besides. It was the top aquascapers posting regularly on UKAPS that persuaded me to part with lots of hard-earned cash and go for a full-on high-spec planted aquarium - without having kept so much as a goldfish before. And YOU are one of that elite band of top aquascapers.

If your beef is with the admin and mods, then you're right to quit and not return, as it is their forum and, quite rightly, they call the shots and UKAPS will stand or fall on the quality of their judgement. But if it's not admin and mods, then you really should seriously consider returning.

A hobby like this will always attract driven individuals (I know, I'm one!), and some can be tricky to engage with, especially through such an imperfect medium as an internet forum. And unlike real life, you can't avoid them completely. So you simply have to ignore them. Of course, if they're determined enough, they will drive you away. If that happens, it'll be a real shame, but rest assured that you have already achieved your original aims and much, much more.

I think the many supportive comments that have been posted, speak highly for you, Saintly - you really shouldn't allow yourself to be driven off.

"Noli nothi permittere te terere" ;)

Don't give them (whoever they are), the satisfaction of driving you off.

Noooo, you cant go.
Among a few others you where one of the ones that inspired me to try my hand at aquascaping :thumbup:
And to be fair, even if you are going for recognition, what does it matter?
Most 'famous' aquascapers go for all the recognition they can get. Publicity will get you work :)

After a small amount of time away, i've allowed myself time to asses certain matters.

I have to say, the overwhelming response from so many people here was extremely touching, the response via PM's was also touching, and the response from private mail too was heart warming.

Now, purely because of genuine people here, i've decided to contribute to UKAPS like before, but maybe on a more professional manner.

This hobby is full of secrets as it is, so I'd like to share what little knowledge I have with everyone else. :angelic: If I can help inspire, then even better. if i can help with image taking, just ask. if I can help fit a new lead roof....just ask for a quote ;) 0797.....just joking!

so folks, past is past, the future holds many wonderful things for us all ;) time to move on.

To everyone who pm'd, mailed and left replies here.....You my friends, are what fill me with hope for a happier wonderful world :angelic:

nice one mark, i think it was better for you to take a step back and assess your situation.

welcome back though mate. :thumbup:

(probably got bored of daytime and evening telly) :lol:

Good news that, I think having you here on this forum is a positive as you post full journals and lead us through your setup thoughts too. It's good to know that someone of your talent has the same silly questions as the rest of us.

*** Going into old man mode ***

At the end of the day, we're here to exchange ideas, views and bounce off each other and having all of the UK people in one place has got to be a good thing.

Yes, there's going to be times when people don't get along. Yes, there's going to be times when people challenge what we currently believe to work.

We're all adults and should be able to appreciate other people's views.

Although I have been absent from the forum for quite a while, I still am grateful that there will be more of your threads/posts to read and be inspired by when I do drop in - the forum is a lesser place when knowledge/experience leaves. I know very little about planted tanks, but I know what I like.

Back